Firmware flash updates

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by leytdg1, Jun 5, 2002.

1. leytdg1

leytdg1 Member

Hi,

I've downloaded a flash update for my
    BDV 108A DVD-rom drive, from the firmware site, but running the file from windows XP doesn't work. I get the error message : "no drives found, aborting installation. Select CDrom error" Anyone know what to try next?

Many thanks.

2. daxxdog

daxxdog Member

I've been trying to update firmware for my Creative 8432e cdrw on XP and i found out that i can't while running XP but I can do it from DOS someone told me....problem is they didn't tell me how in DOS.Sorry this doesn't help you but just so you know XP and 2000 don't seem to let you update firmware.

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I'd be very careful and read the instructions on how to flash the firmware (many times) before jumping into it, as you can kill the drive by doing this incorrectly.

Most firmware updaters are run by booting into DOS. If you need to make a boot diskette but you don't have win98, then you'll find them at www.bootdisk.com

4. fengtao

fengtao Member

You should try the software "DVD Region-Free", you can watch all region DVDs on your RPC2 DVD drive even if it has been locked.

You don't need flash any firmware which is sometimes dangerous or useless.

You can download "DVD Region-Free" at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree10.exe

Best Regards,
    Fengtao