flash iso to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Sep 9, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

i was just wondering instead of burning a backed up game (or downloaded game) onto a dvd r can is there a way to use flash fxp and simply flash it to my xbox? i tried doing this (putting it in the correct folder and everything) but it shows up on flash fxp as princeofpersia.iso, and wont show up on my box. Is there any way to do this? thanks for any help!

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If it is in .iso format on your PC there are a few ways you can get it to your PC.

1 - You can use Qwix to transfer it. Use Qwix to FTP it and it will automatically extract the .iso as it transfers.

2 - Craxtion (another xiso) program will do the same as Qwix

3 - Place the burned copy of the game in your PC, rip ans transfer with one of the two programs above.

NOTE: If your dash is Avalaunch, recommended use Qwix
    If your dash is EvoX, use Craxtion (Craxtion is only compatible with EvoX)

3. SCUBARAB

SCUBARAB Member

uniique1
    can you help I have mod my mates computer for him with the xecuter 2.6 I have been to the site team xecuter to get updated bios and flashed the bios everything has worked upto now, but when I start the xbox it still goes back to the bios update screen, what am I doing wrong?

Scub

ps new 300gb hard disc in

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

What method are you using to flash the BIOS? If it's with a Cd boot the xbox with the mod chip enabled and insert the Cd with the new BIOS on it.

5. SCUBARAB

SCUBARAB Member

Hi Done that and it did flash but what should I see afterwards? it keeps taking me back to the flash bios screen.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Here is an excerpt from a web site called:
    www.copying-xbox-games.com
    Two methods are indicating for flashing, yours is Method 2
    Method 1: External Xbox Modchip Programmer
    Some modchips offer external programming cables and custom software for flashing a modchip. Basically, by connecting one end of a programmer such as a special USB or Serial cable to your computer, and the other end to your Xbox mod chip (which should already be installed in your Xbox), you can transfer the bios from your computer to your mod chip. Several modchip companies have programmed custom software to automate this process.

Method 2: CDRW / DVD Xbox Modchip Flashing Method
    More of the "premium" modchips are shipping with external programmers, but the CDRW/DVD flashing method (hereinafter referred to as CD flashing method) is still frequently used, especially when you have no external programmer available. To perform a CD xbox mod chip flash, your Xbox mod chip should have shipped with some version of the Cromwell Linux BIOS. There are several versions of Cromwell, but the latest versions include what is known as the Cromwell FlashBios. After you have installed your new xbox mod chip, and boot your Xbox up with the mod chip enabled, then you will encounter a screen that says "Cromwell FlashBIOS ? Please Insert CD". At this time you will insert the CDRW or DVD that you burned with the alternate bios on it (such as the latest xecuter bios). Pretty much any CDRW or DVD format will work; +r, +rw, -r, -rw, etc. For more information on creating the Bios and burning it to a cdrw/dvd, please see the article titled "making an xecuter xbox bios".

Some of the older Xecuter mod chips such as the 2.0, and 2.1 shipped with an earlier version of the Cromwell Bios. This older version did not include a buil-in FlashBIOS utility, and as such users were required to first insert CD that included a flashing program. The most popular program was OzXflash. Once the flashing program was loaded, then you could proceed to load the CD that included the alternate BIOS, and complete the flashing process.

That's essentially the whole cd flashing method. You just have to make sure that you have burned a good disc with the bios, then you let flashbios actually program the new bios firmware onto your xbox modchip. It's a very simple process, and really not something that should be considered daunting in any way.

Occasionally, for various reasons, you may encounter a "bad flash", which means that the mod chip was not properly flashed with the alternate bios. There are a couple of ways to remedy this problem. If you are using an external programmer, just reflash the modchip. If you are using the cd flashing method, and you do not have access to an external programmer, than try selecting a different flash bank on your modchip. With a different flash bank selected, you should get the Cromwell FlashBIOS again, and you can repeat the process with your cd containing the alternate bios. Another point to mention is that some of the premium mod chips such as the Xenium are shipping with a built-in recovery mode that is use to repair a corrupted flash. The Xenium mod chip ships with a built-in "Xenium-OS", and in the event of a corrupted flash the Xenium-OS can be re-loaded to its default configuration. Pretty cool.

In conclusion, I hope that this article has introduced you to the Xbox modchip flashing process. Seriously, it really is not a complicated process, and you should not be worried about attempting it. By reading this website, you will have all the information you need to make sure it is done properly. However, there are other considerations in the mod chip flashing process such as making sure that you have the right alternate Xbox bios. I have drafted a different article dealing with an overview of alternative Xbox's Bios, as well as an article on creating and burning the Xecuter bios.