Flashing an Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MaoMonaco, Jan 5, 2006.

1. MaoMonaco

MaoMonaco Guest

Can I use a computer that relies on a LAN(Ethernet Card)for internet connectivity to FTP my Xbox, or do I have to have a cable modem directly connected to the computer I'm using to FTP?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You dont have to have internet access at all to FTP to your Xbox.

Do you have a router? If so connect the Xbox to your router.

If not you will have to have a seprate Eternet card and a crossover cable to conect from your Xbox to Computer.

Technicly you dont have to have a seprate Eternet card. You could disconect the Modem from your ethernet card and use that card to FTP to your Xbox but you wouldnt have internet access. Which would be a pain to have to set up the conections every time you want to FTP.

Anyway your question isnt very clear on what your wanting to do so maybe more detailed information would be good.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  3. MaoMonaco

MaoMonaco Guest

I think I understand what your saying [bold]Larry[/bold]. I am trying to get xisoes and back up my games on my computers HDD. I will run my xbox to the router and make sure that it has the same subnet mask and static IP. You have saved me of my confussion and yourself from the impending doom when this site has turned me into a [bold]MAD SCIENTIST[/bold][bold] THANX![/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go into your Xbox Dashboard IP settings and Enable DHCP as the IP setting which then will let the router assign the IP address for the Xbox. Or some dashboards to get it to go to DHCP you have to set it it no when it ask to use Static IP. Then get the IP that the router assigns the Xbox from the Xbox and use that to put into your FTP client on your computer.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006