Food For Thought

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by drake27, Aug 4, 2004.

1. drake27

drake27 Member

ok here some useful info i have found. of course all of us know that pc wont read xbox game disc and if they do you get this crummy video saying to put this disc in your xbox console...anywho i was tweaking the other day and i found that a dvd backup with dvd x copy software will read inside of an xbox without a modchip. i didnt know if this could be a useful tip to disk to disk xbox backups or just a waste of info. sorry for any inconvenience.

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I'll be light on this kid cause he's only trying to help. My friend the problem lies not within the Xbox hardware but rather the games. The ONLY...I repeat...ONLY...read it AGAIN...ONLY reason you can not copy an Xbox game directly is because your PC CAN'T...read AGAIN...CAN'T read it...so let's look back at our lesson....ONLY...and...CAN'T...Anything else under the sun can be copied and played back if you have the proper software. Just wondering though...why doesn't the movie industry make movies much the way like Xbox games are made? Then there would be a heck of a lot less piracy. By the way, I have had DVD X Copy for over a year now and the backup movies have always worked in my Xbox. So you're just about a year late.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Egg[/small]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  3. drake27

drake27 Member

sorry man i wasnt to for sure. i would just rather make this whole thing alot easier for everyone what ever happened to the good old days when you popped your original cd in(psx) pressed one button and out popped your cd-r backup. if only it could all be that easy. if anyone else has any info or things they may find informative post it. im sure that these problems can be overcome. Thanks egg, and thanx everyone else.

Dark Drake

4. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

No prob Drake...I knew you were just trying to help out. If you need any other help just PM me and I will try my best.

5. drake27

drake27 Member

thanks egg if i have any problems ill let you know thanks alot...it is good to know that there are still understanding people out there

6. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Drake it's tough but most Newbies don't even stay around long enough to see the answer to their question.

7. drake27

drake27 Member

not me i may be new to this whole xbox backup thing but i believe some way or another this can be made easier

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

pc's use either NTFS or FAT32 as a file system...the xbox uses FATX...a totally different file system......it would be like trying to run a linux app on a windows machine. The only other way that you could back up without dvd2xbox or other xbox programs is to ftp into the machine with 'autorun' off on your xbox and then just copy all the files from the 'D' drive onto your pc. Then after that you would/might have to go looking for a patch.....it would be a whole lot easier to just get a larger hdd and use dvd2xbox in my eyes.