Format a Sandisk Cruzer

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jmcole, Aug 9, 2007.

1. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

I want to format a 1GB Sandisk Cruzer. The U3 files on it are protected, so I can't delete them, or format the drive. I tried that program "unlocker", but it doesn't work. I know that there is a program out there that works because I formatted one of these about 6 months ago, I just don't remember the name of the program that I used.
    Any help???

2. ireland

ireland Active member

is this it?

Revo Uninstaller - freeware innovative uninstall utility
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Revo Uninstaller helps you to remove any unwanted application installed on your computer.

With its advanced and fast algorithm to scan before and after uninstall of an application you can remove unnecessary files, folders and registry keys left over in your computer. Even if you have a broken installation Revo Uninstaller scans for application's data on your hard disk drives, Windows registry and shows all found files, folders and registry items so you can delete them.

With its unique "Hunter mode" it offers you some simple, easy to use but effective and powerful approaches to manage (uninstall, stop, delete, disable from autostarting) and to get information about your installed and/or running applications.

Revo Uninstaller gives you another 8 handy and powerful tools to clean up your system.

Here are the list of all tools and utilities included:

Auto Start Manager - stop programs to start automatically when Windows starts;
    Windows Tools Manager - handy and useful tools bundled with every Windows;
    Junk Files Cleaner - find and remove unnecessary files from your computer;
    Browsers History Cleaner - erase web site history, visited pages history, temporary internet files of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape and Opera web browsers;
    Office History Cleaner - remove history of most recently used files in MS Office;
    Windows history cleaner - remove recently opened files history, delete temporary files, remove tracks and history saved by Windows;
    Unrecoverable Delete Tool - erase files and folders forever;
    Evidence remover - make sure already deleted files, folders and other data are unrecoverable;

Revo Uninstaller is completely free - no charge, no adware, no spyware;
    You can download it from here

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revosetup.exe

3. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

No, that program only works on the hard drives.

4. mphsdave

mphsdave Guest

The Sandisk standalone uninstaller can be found here. I run a Mac and didn't need (or want) the U3 stuff. The uninstaller is for PC so I had to use a friends laptop to run program then just reformat as you would any drive
    http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1415