Found a cheap divx player £32 (UK)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Xsilver, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

I dont usually do reviews cause i find them done by boring people who like the drone of there own voice, but this is worthy.

It is at Aldi now for £31.99 Tevion qs808. There is not a lot about it on the net at the minute. It is Divx certified and compatable with Divx 3,4,5. I have tried the following formats:-

Divx (Various, bit rates, some AC3) - All worked with the exception of one with no sound, Not sure what the prob was.

Xvid (Various)- All worked

Raw Mpeg 1,4 - All worked i have not got any raw mpeg 2 but i suspect it will

Mp3 Cd - All Worked

DVD+RW - This was recorded from my litreon dvd recorder and worked fine

Region Free - played all three region 1 dvds i got

I tried several cheap and nasty DVD+/-R one DVD-RW and one CDR. All worked. I found that on my old divx player (Medion) there was issues when fast forwarding and rewinding with the film freezing and the dvd player was unresponsive. Tevion had no issues with any of these.

The remote is standard does the trick but one thing i found that the buttons are GLOW in the dark (cool when fumbling around in the dark
    )

The dvd player is silver very thin and has a nice electric blue display which also shines through the clear front of the disc loading tray. In the box you get dvd player, remote, batteries, scart, audio leads and instruction manual.

Bad Bits
    For £32 what can you say is bad. If i were to say anything it would be that the disc load tray is less than 1cm thick around 7-8mm it dont look or feel that study. I usually push the tray in by hand on most cd/dvd players but on this one i will use the remote.

2. vayacon

vayacon Member

Do you know if it's possible to hook it up via a VCR, or does the lead have to go straight into the TV?

Thanks