fraud help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ravingtym, May 20, 2009.

1. ravingtym

ravingtym Member

was on afterdawn and setup a trade with a kid my 360 hdd and 3 games for his xbox 1 and me being stupid i shipped first he lives in north carolina i live in florida he told me he shipped it and i never got it and he wont write nemore if i calll the police can they do nething being hes so far away or is it civil plz help

2. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Have you kept all his emails etc as proof of the exchange?

You obviously have his name and address, can you get a telephone number and contact his parents?

3. ravingtym

ravingtym Member

yea i have emails everything he wrote i have but will they charge him he didnt steal nore did he take i just made a mistake and he lives far away

4. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

If he is a minor the police probably won't charge him anyway, but if you contact his parents they might make him send it to you.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

If this was set up through the buy/sell/trade section of Afterdawn your first course of action is to contact a moderator of the site.

As facilitators of trading (there are actually certain laws about allowing advertising of private sale items through websites in most countries) Afterdawn have an obligation to help you resolve the matter.

ddp is the person to contact. use the pm system and give a link to the item and be prepared to show all the details you have.