Freezing image on a copied DVD (firstly recorded in a camcorder)

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Johnaeus, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Johnaeus

Johnaeus Member

Hy everybody,

I've recorded some DVD-R (Sony 1.4 GB) with a DVD Camcorder (Hitachi DZ-MV 580).

The discs are finalized.

When I play them in a DVD player they work fine.

I've bought two DVD burners (Sony DRU-810 and an LG GSA 4167B) in order to make copies of the original DVDs). I use Nero Express 6. When I choose the option Copy DVD to copy 1 small DVD 1.4GB on 1 normal DVD (4.7 GB) the copy is the same as the original (OK).

Here comes the problem: Normally I want to put 3 small DVDs (3 x 1.4 GB = 4.2 GB < 4.7 GB), and I choose the option "Make your own DVD-Video". The DVDs resulting from this copying process ( all of them- I watched them carefully) have a freeze in image for a second or less every maybe 1 minute or every few minutes.

Firstly, I changed the DVD burner but the problem is the same with both of them. Then I suspect the Nero software.

All I want is to make copies of my small original DVDs recorded by the camcorder and to put 3 of them on a normal DVD as the space allows it. What should I do. I still have the possibility to return the LG DVD burner in two days.

Thank you for your precious advice.

Johnaeus,

2. behrad

behrad Regular member

when u try tp put them all on one DVD, which brand of blank DVD media and at what speed are u burning?
    Also, have you got the latest firmware for the burner that you are using?
    Another also, are you running any other applications in the background when you write the DVD?