Ftp and play an .nrg with evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by skew, Oct 19, 2006.

1. skew

skew Member

Hey i've been searching the boards here and could'nt find anything on this.
    What I have: An .Nrg backup file of an xbox game that I made.
    What I want: to ftp this to my xbox and play it.

my XB is, of course modded and hdd upgraded(200gb), and I know how to ftp to it.
    I tried ftping it as it was(a nero disc image)but it did'nt work.
    burning and ripping is'nt an option because the media I have is wonky (Dvd2xbox got about 30 percent but then started geting errors"57 files failed to copy a:retry b:cancel")
    so can I convert it or something?

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try it this way then.

Get good media, burn the nrg file to it and then use DVD Decrypter to create an iso file that you can use Quix to transfer to you Xbox. Or, just use the good burn on your Xbox.

Alternatively, you could try mounting it using Daemon Tools and then use DVD Decrypter to make an iso file.

3. skew

skew Member

so will an Iso play in Evox?

also is there an adware free alternative to daemon?(dont have a credit card so I geuss Im asking about free/share-wares)
    EDIT:(forgot to ask second question, and I did'nt want to dblpost)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  4. skew

skew Member

Thank YOU.
    this actually worked!
    I used one of my already burnt copies (on the wonky dvd+rs) put it in my pc's dvd drive converted it to .iso with dvd decrypt and used quix to transfer it to my XB.(maybe it wasnt the dvd+r's that were the problem, might have been compatability issues or even my XB's laser acting up)

Btw, dose anyone know why nero would'nt burn the . nrg image file onto a dvd+rw?

P.S. Thanx again venom, and remember when Mcfarlane used to draw you and your tongue was so big that it would bend your front teeth outwards?
    That's pretty messed up.

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Good to see it worked out for you.

I couldn't tell you why Nero wouldn't burn it. I usually just stick with ImgBurn for image files and use Nero for data discs.

Not sure if I saw any of the McFarlane stuff since I didn't read the comics. I mostly just watched the cartoons and played the video games.