ftp problem need help asap

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by resifreak, Sep 4, 2005.

1. resifreak

resifreak Member

hi i got my xbox modded with a aladdin chip and im lookin how to FTP my xbox using my pc i have read lots and lots of ftp guides on afterdawn and im still not able to do it :(

i have downloaded and install SlaYers auto installer 2.6 for the evo x dashboard cus its the only one i could find, after installing that and booting with the modchip on i go into the settings and im using a router and am wondering which is the best method ?
    1. using the Net cable i hacve in my pc and just just disable my internet and use it for FTP through the router that is set up for the Broadband or

create a 2nd useable IP pon my exsitng network card and ue tha through the router aswell as my INternet.

or another method that i dont know

also i tryed using a cross over cable

the main problem i have is that once everything is connected i cannot get my xbox to connect to my pc to ftp it never displays a IP address apart from when the internet is connected but when removed it hasnt got a IP.

if youre confused just by reading this then welcome to my world. lol any help would be extremly appriated. many thanks in advance

matt

2. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

what client are you using to ftp your xbox to pc

3. resifreak

resifreak Member

flashfxp

4. resifreak

resifreak Member

the mainproblem im having is i cant get my xbox to pick up a pc IP address unless my internet is connect via the router

5. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

do you have a cross over cable cos i could help you better

6. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

i know more about using a crossover cable if you have a cross over cable its easier you can connect your pc directly to xbox

7. resifreak

resifreak Member

well we have a cross over cable im not sure if it works but it still display no IP on the xbox

8. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

if you going to use a cross over try following these steps

ok your pc setting tcp/ip to ip add 192.168.0.2 and subnet 255.255.255.0

and your xbox settings should be ... use the static ip 192.168.0.3 and subnet 255.255.255.0 then open your client flashfxp and click quike conect and then use xbox:xbox - username:password and for the ulr use 192.168.0.3 hopes this helps

9. resifreak

resifreak Member

i tryed that mate just connection timed out on flashftp

10. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

check your cross over calbe and make sure it is a cross over cable the ends should be opposite to each other... eg say the first colour is black then blue then red the otherside should be red ,blue, black something like that

11. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

go to your xbox settings and change the time out to 5

12. resifreak

resifreak Member

still cudnt find a IP, if i use the Auto installer cd my xp IP is 192.168.0.200 if i boot it off the mod bois it has the IP addy of 192.168.0.2 i just dunno what to do anymore i urgebtly need to do this i wanna try doom 3 on co-op lol after doin the pc one (such a awesome game)

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

**edited**

This post was about PimpDawg's link above but evidently, it's been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2005
  15. resifreak

resifreak Member

hi i got the xbox to IP using 192.168.2.2 and a hub but i tryed to send a file to the xbox and it failed ? so i was wondering if i am still doing something and where shud my game saves and my ripeed soundtracks be and any ideas how to copy a game across to my pc via the Xbox , cus when i put a disc in the xbox it ? many thanks also my xbox doesnt show the contents of anything i put in it do u know why?

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If you have a hub and you're having problems, set your xbox as DHCP in the network settings area and make sure that DHCP is enabled on your PC. Restart your xbox and you should be able to connect.

As for the contents of your xbox...it usually goes one of two ways. If it's a factory hdd...transfer games and files to the E Drive. If it's is a large capacity hdd transfer all to the F Drive. If the folders aren't there (either drive) just create the folders once you establish your FTP. (Apps, Games, Music, etc...

17. resifreak

resifreak Member

all im trying to do is get the data from the xbox to my pc HD so i can burn it in iso o dvd and play it my HD is only the standard retail one ion my xbox so im not gunna start copying games to it its to small only bout 8 gig isnt it? but im trying to find DHCP on my pc but any help and setting it up would be appriated also will this enable me to see the contents of the xbox dvd drive and the standard drive letter is D isnt it ?

18. resifreak

resifreak Member

i finally got the the ftp to work and i got it burned and patched and everything lol and it works i did dynasty warriors 4 and so far it works just like the original so im happy :) im gunna try some more later and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped (or tryed to) but one last question im having sum small trouble with my dashboard i have slayers 2.6 auto install but i aint that sure how to install any addtional program cus i wanted to put a media center on there and try to drag and drop sum on my mp3's and wmas to my xbox if thats even possible and help where it wud be on my xbox cus i already have custom soundtracks on there but i dnt know where the xbox stores them cus there on the M$ dash so anyone got a clue ?

19. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Happy endings are always good. ;)