FTP wont work....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ct_06, May 20, 2006.

1. ct_06

ct_06 Guest

ok heres the deal ive tried everything! i put linux on i got evolutionX dash and so the next step is FTP obviously... well it wont let me. ive tried so many different things... i used crossover right from xbox to comp and it says no route to host.. i followd a dozen guides and did everything step by step and nothing has worked.. its said no route to host, connection failed, connection blocked, and connection timed out... (im using FlashFXP btw..) wtf do i do? ive tried literally everything and nothing has worked...

2. jkl

jkl Regular member

r u using a router? have u found your xbox ip? is your xbox at the main menu? i need details my boy/girl/man/woman.

3. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

you need to tell us exactly how you are connecting at this point or how you would like to connect( you said crossover but are you using a direct connection just now or through a router). have you typed in the username and password in flashfxp as xbox have you set it to the correct port(i believe it is 21 ). are you in the dashboard on your xbox when you try to connect,is your chip switched on or is your softmod configured for ftping? there's many possibilites, find out what you can and get back to us.

4. jkl

jkl Regular member

what he said. (which is what i said in english...)

5. ct_06

ct_06 Guest

im not using a router im connecting it directly from xbox to computer, i did put in the username and pass in FlashFXP and i am using port 21 yes im in the dash when im trying to connect and yes it is configured for FTPing.... nothing is working... to jkl... yes i have my xbox ip and if by main menu u mean the dash then yes im in evolutionX dash when i do it..... ive seriously tried everything....

6. jkl

jkl Regular member

ok. first off. what is your ip? second don't change stuff on your xbox if u don't know what your doing of if u don't have me telling u to doit. (joke) so refirst. go to settings on your xbox. and scroll down to the tsr and tell me what it is on... second. get a router and ethernet cable it's alot easier to talku through (for me anyways) ;p lastly,...well first do what ive told u. we may not need to do the nest step.

also a quick tut. on using flashfxp. when u get on there are two windows first go to the one on the right. find a lightning bolt. click it. then click quick connect. then click in the box marked server or url, type in your ip number (found in the settings of your xbox dash) then for username and password type in "xbox" (without quotes). then hit connect. that's it your in your xbox if you have everything else hooked up and setup right. ;p

7. steimy

steimy Active member

wrong settings in the Xbox can do this
    needing to set up the connection on the PC for "Network Sharing" can also do this.
    But like above it will have to be narrowed down as the possibilities of what it could be can be quite great.
    here are some more tutorials you can read just in case, including how to set your connection up for "Network sharing"
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewforum.php?f=45

8. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Have you tried dis-abling your firewall to see if it works? I can't tell you how many times this is why people can't connect. FTP does connect on port 21 for the control connection, but then it must establish a data connection on port 20, and it's this connection that your firewall may filter.

9. ct_06

ct_06 Guest

hey i didnt turn off my firewall.. i forgot =| well ill try that and see if it works cuz i kno i was suposed to do that... oops.. if this turns out to be a problem of my stupidity.. ill be mad...

10. theridges

theridges Guest

do this hopefully your using a crossover cable(Cat 5 Patch) and not a normal ethernet cable...but here is the best way to go directly from computer...
    (TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL)
    first create a network on your computer
    Start-Control Panel-Network/Internet Connection/Create Home Network

After you have Created the Network go to this tutorial and turn on ICS(internet connection Sharring)
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/showthread.php?t=879
    after all that is completed
    hook up the xbox to the computer if not done already,on your xbox turn to static ip and make the ip
    pass-xbox
    user-xbox
    port-21

now on flashfxp use the same settings and click connect.....