Fuzzy picture when playin ps2 through home cinema.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by grannyman, Sep 13, 2005.

1. grannyman

grannyman Member

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Sony DAV-D150G Home cinema kit. I have connected my ps2 to my home cinema (so i can get surround sound) but when i play my ps2 through my home cinema it picks up a slightly fuzzy picture as if what is being shown on tv is slightly shown on my picture in the background.

Was just wondering if anyone could help me?

Thanks!

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

if are you connecting the PS2 through the home theater, then what kind of cable are you using coming from the receiver to the monitor? they also make a component video cable for the PS2, sells for about 20 bucks or so, gets you better quality on your screen. keep in mind, since you are not going direct (PS2 to monitor/tv) you are using a middle man there, which is the receiver, so picture quality will drop some what. the PS2 has an optical cable on it, use an optical cable and try running that to your receiver direct for sound and run your video cable only straight to your tv/monitor. see if it helps your pictue any better.

3. grannyman

grannyman Member

ok, i i will try and give a go and see what happens!

At the mo im just using scarts to connect everything

Cheers

4. grannyman

grannyman Member

Hey, thanks for advice, the wuality dramarically increases if played through the tv, but i have an xbox and ps2, so guess il have to keep switching cables straight into tv and optical digital cables? am i right?
    cheers

5. gear79

gear79 Guest

just remember, optical cable carries sound only, and the yellow output on the ps2 carries video. you could buy a video switcher and just push a button to switch, its easier then switching cables. i think wal mart and radio shack have this component, relatively cheap too.

6. grannyman

grannyman Member

Thanks, you have been great help!

7. gear79

gear79 Guest

your very welcome, glad i could help out !

8. grannyman

grannyman Member

Nah, well your advice got me thinking! I know have xbox and ps2 playing throught TV (great picture) and ps2 sound through optical digital cable, xbox sound through into home cinema, so its all working the way i want it to!

Thanks!

9. gear79

gear79 Guest

a video switcher will help ease your woes !! just the push of a button.