Game freezing after dvd2xbox and a word of thanks to all..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rattle70, May 6, 2005.

1. rattle70

rattle70 Member

Hi everyone and can I just start by saying thanks very much to everyone who has contributed to this forum. I'm new to everything and a couple of days reading your threads, I've managed to find out about dvd2xbox, flashfxp and learnt how to ftp from the PC to Xbox and start to back up my original games. Something that really has to be done when you have 3 young kids.

Anyway, my problem.......
    I've backed up my original DVD of Brothers in Arms: Road To Hill 30 using dvd2xbox a couple of times on my hard drive now, but it always freezes on the load screen after I've picked all my options.
    I've done searches in the forum for help and deleted the files in the cache and looked for a newer version of dvd2xbox, but still no luck. Any ideas?

I'm new to all this stuff so go easy on me.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

From another forum

3. rattle70

rattle70 Member

Thanks very much for the quick reply.
    I don't have a burner, so that's why I use dvd2xbox to copy the original to my hard drive only. I have Slayer's EvoX dash by the way.

I'll go grab qwix and read up on what xbe files to patch. Thanks for your input. :)

I'm still open to other suggestions, so please feel free to offer any other ideas people.
    Thanks again everyone.

4. rattle70

rattle70 Member

Hi again everyone.
    I went and downloaded qwix and tried to patch 3 xbe files with it.
    default.xbe
    update.xbe
    dashupdate.xbe

I clicked on patch for each one and then it left new files called
    default.bak
    update.bak
    dashupdate.bak
    I tried transferrring them to the game on the hdd in the xbox, but the game still freezes on the load screen.

What am I doing wrong? Sorry to bother everyone, but I am doing a lot of searches and trying here.

Thanks again.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I dunno.....maybe check other forums as well and see if there are any solutions there too. xbox-scene.com is a good source for info.