game iso

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by stmaniac, Apr 1, 2009.

1. stmaniac

stmaniac Member

I have pc game that is 6gb. I now have these files as an ISO. I wanted to burn this game to a DVD, but all of my DVDS are 4.7gb. Are there any programs that I can use to compress the files and be able to run the game from this disc? Thanks!!!!

2. varnull

varnull Guest

hahahahahahaha.. never heard of dual layer disks?

you can't do any compression of game disk isos.. they don't work because the whitespace (if it exists) is a measured part of the disk.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You can edit some XBox .isos can't you; remove extra soundtracks and such?

Anyway, don't bother burning them - mount the .iso and run the game that way. Search 'Daemon Tools'.

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You can also spread then files over 2 discs and when you want to re-install the game you will need to merge the files into one file on your desktop and install.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Depends on how the game xecutable is set up to check the contents.. if it's by filename that's fine.. but years ago we learned that we had to do a sector by sector copy because the start of the next data was referenced in a physically specified way. .. goto sector xxxx .. then we were stuffed.

How would you propose making a d/l iso into 2 disks and allowing a read interrupt while you changed disks without generating a "not found-quit" IO error?

I did thousands of xbox games.. and only 2 we ever found you could split a one game disk on to 2 disks.. and you had to put them on the hdd to play them XD

I would suggest mounting the iso instead of attempting to burn it.. or buy a frikkin dual layer disk.

the impossible.. I can do.. freakin miracles.. give me 30 minutes to laugh....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
  6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Sorry, I didnt know it was an XBOX game stmaniac was trying to burn. I assumed it was a pc game as you can spread a pc game over 2 discs and merge them back to one file.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

I'm not even remotely interested in pc games.. still think the best course is a d/l disk or mounting..

the girl who bought you tomb raider legend dvd5 for xbox.. took 8 hours to work out that the "w" cutscreen files were the widescreen versions.. XD

where do them typos come from/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009