Games X Copy - Activation Problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by talktome, Feb 28, 2004.

1. talktome

talktome Guest

Hi folks,

I have just bought Games X Copy. I am trying to activate it but i keep getting error messages.

The ID and Password are both correst. i think its something to do with my connection.

I put in my ID & Password then choose to activate online. error msg '100) the registration info was rejected by the server'

If i click on Proxy server (new to broadband so im not sure what im doin) it asks for the IP address which i think ive found ok, then it asks for a port number. Ive tried serveral but still nothing.

Unfortunately its the weekend so i cant get tech support as im in the UK.

Anyone got any ideas... Pleeeeease!!! :eek:)

Jo

ps... sorry if its a thick question

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Did you try this today?
    If so I am not surprised as DVDxCopy is right now not suposed to allow software that breaks copy write protection. Can it work without online activation? If not try it again and might work in about a week, when 123 gets most of this legal stuff cleaned up.

3. talktome

talktome Guest

Bought (downloaded from their site) and tried to activate yesterday.

I am awar of the legal issues but this is Games X Copy.
    The only problem they seem to having at the mo is to do with the ripping part of DVD X Copy. So im not sure if this applies to my problem.

I doesnt seem to work without activation :eek:(

I only get option to activate online, by phone (its the weekend) or on another pc, or activate later... at which point it closes!!!

4. talktome

talktome Guest

Sorry... i musta been having either a blonde or senior moment.

Have managed to resolve this. Got the Customer ID muddled up with the Licence ID!!! DuH!!!