Gap between the zooms of TRV 355 and Xacti C-6...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by sabiqoon, Dec 23, 2005.

1. sabiqoon

sabiqoon Member

I am currently using Sony TRV 355 and now planning to buy a Sanyo Xacti C-6. The only thing stopping me is that I am used to 20 optical and 700 digital zooms of my Sony. Whereas Xacti has 5 optical and 12 digital zoom. I wonder what shall I be able to do with comparatively so little zooms. I wish to know
    1)Is Xacti's zoom sufficient for long range outdoor filming?.
    2)Is it easy to transfer videos from Xacti to the computer? I find Sony's Pixela software nearly useless for this purpose.
    3) Does Xacti record films on a tape and stills on a memory stick?
    4) I find Sanyo camcorders relatively rarely mentioned among other brands on websites. Are Sanyo camcorders not popular among users? If yes,why so?

Thanks

2. roads63

roads63 Member

your Questions are great. the sanyo (fisher) c series uses a sd card. the optical 5x zoom is good but after you hit the 5x you go digital. and that sux. the low light situation will never be like what you think perfect lol.
    very simple to transfer files either pull the card out and place in a reader or use the usb supplied port do a search on google you'll find some info if not go to ebay andread the feedback of buyers and ask them if they are happy?
    I preferre to purchase a camcorder one day as I own some hybrids excellent pc cameras not excellent home movie ones.
    the best part is you can fit these bad bouys in a shirt pocket and have 2 hours batt life and vid your camcorder bulky. today less bulky

3. sabiqoon

sabiqoon Member

Thanks roads63 :)