Getflics.com - Poor Customer Service

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vertigo17, Feb 27, 2004.

1. vertigo17

vertigo17 Member

Hello everyone. I would like to let everyone in on a little secret. www.getflics.com is the worst Internet company on the planet. First, they secretly billed my credit card $59.40 after I canceled my 3-day free trial membership on the same exact day I signed up. Three days after I canceled, they decided to bill me $59.40 anyway. They then sent me a CD-ROM in the mail with their Getflics logo on it. The disc had nothing but freeware file-sharing software on it: iMesh, KazaA Lite, etc. I tried contacting Getflics' customer service department, through e-mail, because they don't have a phone number on their website. Shadey, huh? No one responded to me yet. This happened on Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004. I'm still trying to get my money back. It's a nightmare. On their website, it clearly states, in plain English, "Your credit card will not be billed a single penny if you cancel within the 3 days of the trial membership. What a crock. They said, on their website, your credit card number is required for "Age Verification" only. This is an evil Internet company and they must be stopped! I don't recommend signing up with these guys. I've already sent e-mails to every freeware file-sharing companies on the disc, and they're all furious. I've contacted the BBB, the Attorney General's Office, my local news stations, CNN and CNBC. On the Getflics CD-ROM, it states that they were on television, CNN and CNBC. Hmm? Last time I checked, freeware means FREE. If anyone has had experiences with www.getflics.com please respond! Thank you.

2. forkman

forkman Member

I've just had a look at the Getflicks site, and any website that offers "Find & download ANY & EVERY Movie with Getflics exclusive Software!" has got to be a bit dodgy.
    Especialy if they class Divx with Vcd as the next best thing to Dvd.
    If you click on the search bar you are taken directly to the sign up page, stay well clear.
    Good luck getting you' money back.

3. vertigo17

vertigo17 Member

Thanks, man. I don't just want my money back. It's not about the money anymore. I want a simple apology for this nightmare I've been going through. Fraud. I asked them in an e-mail if they were men or boys. You see, a real MAN would admit he's done wrong by taking money from another MAN without him knowing. A BOY would be too damn scared to admit his wrong doings. These people are acting like kids and want to play this childish game. I don't play well with others. They will get what they deserve. I will see to that.

4. premier99

premier99 Member

if worst comes to worst you can contact your local FBI branch they have a whole division on internet fraud/security look in the phone book in hte goverment section there is a phone number for them. i had a email bomber problem and i contacted them and were a great help

5. vertigo17

vertigo17 Member

hey, thanks for the info. i think i will contact the fbi. thanks.

6. premier99

premier99 Member

well good luck keep me updated on if you ever get your money back and get the satisfaction of beating them at thier little game

7. vertigo17

vertigo17 Member

I will keep everyone posted. Thanks.