ghost 14 driver validation

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by neil2047, Jun 7, 2008.

1. neil2047

neil2047 Member

Hello could really use some help, I have had really expensive time recently with security suites tried numerous with various levels of success problems ,I rebuilt both my desktop and laptop from scartch patches all and decided to do sensibly I thought a ghost backup. I had ghost 2003 and ghost 10, ghost 10 usually would go on the dektop and backup to an external freecom drive , the old laptop would use ghost 2003 all used to be just ok, I had bullguard on my system ghost 10 informed me that the firewall drivers in bullguard couldnt be backed up or were not supported , leaving doubt as to whether or not the image would work in tehe recovery mode , so I replaced bullguard with panda 2008 bought ghost 14 and tried the validation drivers button to test all was ok, same message as in ghost 10 panda etc not supported etc , so I aborted the install , I managed to backup ok the laptop with ghost 2003 running panda suite no problem no issue , yet ghost 10 and 14 report this eror problem, I have left my desktop as is untill I can get some advice as to best way around this, pand security said uninstall panda make a backup and reinstall panda afterwards,can anyone tell me why an ancient ghost 2003 can backup my laptop ok yet the latest ghost version cant thanks

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That was an painfully hard post to read, but anyway..

Why don't you just get a different Firewall? There are loads of free ones out there, or free editions, and some professional ones aren't too pricy. I have Ghost 14, running ZA Firewall and I could create a perfect image of my HDD with no problems.

To me, paying money for that software is not worth ditching it because your firewall is being a bitch?

3. neil2047

neil2047 Member

thanks for the reply since posting I have tried the obvious change firewall tried bullguard also panda 2008 ghost 14 informs me it cannot back up the firewall drivers so having paid for two firewalls its cost me a fair bit oh three if you also try avg pro! mind with all the messing with zonealarm lately and microsoft I think I will decline that suggestion, I bought acronis 11 and get this gem It breaks your usb drivers so each time you unplug a usb device it gives a run hotplug dll error , I fixed that ok but acronis know about this yet dont issue a fix even though they updated the software recently!, so Im afraid just changing my firewall isnt the answer!It gets a bit tedious rebuliding and patching a pc only to find the software youve bought wont back up the entire pc , oh and I did buy driver magician too to back up the drivers myself, hav eyou ever tried to simply email ghost by the way! you cant not unless you want to install symantec software for live chats that is! what happened to a simple email or non premium rate call? next gripe slysoft this broke chkdisc after an update which incidently they broke with the same bug 18 months ago , history repeats itself! so i also had to fix my laptop , If I seem like im winging I am Im absolutely brassed off with companies that either dont give propert support , dont test their software prior to release or come out with the gem that they are aware of this issue but do absolutely nothing!, winge over if any one else has any ideas about ghost validation please let me know, Ive just bought a wi fi router too but for the moment and to protect what little sanity I have left I dont think ill even try that !