golden question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by muffinm8, Nov 22, 2006.

1. muffinm8

muffinm8 Member

And the number 1 Question.....How the hell do i get Evolution X?
    i need help

2. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

lol your going to need to get a modchip or softmod, softmod it easier and takes a lot less time and can for the most part do all the same things that a chip can do but read this first this is the best tutorial i have seen yet...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, then when you get it either chipped or softmodded
    go find a site that has Slayer 2.7
    download it, burn it to DVD and you will have
    everything you need to set your Xbox up nice
    with just a few simple steps.
    It will not only have EvoX but also the Avalaunch and UnleashX
    dashboards. Plus tons of other goodies.

4. muffinm8

muffinm8 Member

any suggestions on good chips, or softmods. I softied my ps2 with the flip top, so i am familiar with fooling systems, i have the ability to solder, i think i was just hesitant, but if its worth it i would like to get a good chip

5. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

you can get a good softmod from here and it tells how to get on xbox live also but i dont recommend cheating on xbox live

6. muffinm8

muffinm8 Member

i was able to put the sid 4.0 onto the card but AR is not allowing me to send the splinter cell linux file to the card it is saying error writing the save, i'll keep trouble shooting but would apreciate the help

7. steimy

steimy Active member

read and learn about softmods before you go trying them.
    Many many people have screwed up their system by doing it wrong.
    If you have the money and soldering skills then install a mod chip.
    It is harder but has benefits over softmodding.
    like the fact that is something goes wrong with you hard drive or corrupt files a simple auto installer disc will fix it.
    And swapping out for a larger hard drive is very easy.

8. pxss

pxss Member

hi ppl im having a little trouble installing slayers evox 2.7
    i have a modded xbox but i cant get to ftp it and i think its because the SlaYers EvoX auto-installer comes with automatic IP:0.0.0.0 n has static IP:eek:ff so i have edited the Evox.ini file but now when i try to convert it back to iso it doesnt appear as an iso file so my question is if should i still burn the file as an image???? or wat can i do to make it an iso image???? i am using CraXtioN4 as xb-tool.

any help would be appreciated thnx

9. steimy

steimy Active member

pxss
    your question has me totally confused?

1. if you can not FTP then most likely it is because you do not have the settings correct in your dashboard or PC or FTP program.
    Also your system may require you to set up "Network sharing" so that
    you can FTP without losing your internet connection.
    Static yes or no depends on how your system is set up.
    Static IP means that you will have to set up all of the network settings manually in the Xbox dashboard settings.
    Static-No (DHCP) is something that will assign an IP address and everything to the Xbox for you if the PC is also set up this way.

2.Editing the EvoX.ini file should have nothing to do with FTP functions. And it is not an ISO or image file. It is a text file.
    Hopefully you made a copy of the original file and worked with the copy so you would always have an untouched original copy in case things went wrong.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  10. jombee

jombee Member

psxx

if you're getting a 0's for your IP that means your DHCP server isn't working properly, or is not hooked up to the xbox.

if you have a router setup and more than one computer that is connected you are most likely using DHCP, but if you are connecting the Xbox directly to your PC then you can either setup ICS (internet connection sharing) to turn your PC into a DHCP server or go with a static IP.

I don't use craxtion but there should be a "convert folder to Xiso" button or something similar. burn whatever that output is. if it doesn't work, blank disks are like 13 cents, so there is no real loss.

but I'm almost positive you have an error in the setup.

11. pxss

pxss Member

thnx for the help i found the problem already and u both were right it was a setup problem, i just edited my network sharing settings and now its workin gr8 thnx for all ur help