Got my camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by ST2006, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ST2006

ST2006 Member

Hey People

Some of you may remember me asking about the Sony HDR-SR7e; well my mum has now bought me my JVC GZ-HD3. I have only done a little play around with it (still have to learn how to use it!), but so far I think it is so sensitive to movement - I cannot keep the camera still! I need to get a tripod for it though.
    Any comments on it please, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Rich.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

It has got electronic image stablization which isnt'as good as optical but OK.
    Just make sure you turn off the digital zoom: this prevents you from zooming beyond 10x. If you go much higher, then you realy need a tripod. Using digital zoom is not a good idea anyway, because the quality of your image will go down quickly when you zoom in more.

3. ST2006

ST2006 Member

Hey TPFKAS
    Wassup?
    Lol I know; I have a little bit of experience with cams ;)
    As for the stabilization - what stabilization?? I don't care though, as you said I should, I'm getting a tripod.
    My mum also got me an 8GB SD card and (what it says is) a powerful long-lastiung battery, but I think she got ripped off - I've put it in and taken it out over five times, and it doesn't work at all - she's gonna be vexed when I tell her.
    I'm going to read the guide tomorrow during school lol!

Cya TPFKAS,

Rich ;)

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

5. ST2006

ST2006 Member

They told my mum it would; I'll test later though. I'm annoyed at the spare battery my mum bought me though! It has it's on DC-in socket to charge it alone, but everytime I connect it to the cam, it just says 'Communicating error' !!!
    Ahh my mum will be pi**ed when she finds out it aint working!

6. ST2006

ST2006 Member

Hey sorry for such a late update!
    This camera is brilliant! I can't wait to start filming my film in April with it! The quality is amazing and I've now got enough knowledge of using the GZ-HD3 and camcorders in general to create a proper film!
    The SDHC card works perfect, no errors there. The battery is just plain strange; when connected to the turned off camera, I turn it on and it displays the error message 'communicating error', however when the camcorder is connected to the charger and the faulty battery, I switch the camcorder on with no problems (of course the camcorder is using the charger as a power source), but then I disconnect the charger, the LCD screen displays an empty red battery, however it just works and works for hours if I keep the camcorder on and the LCD screen open! Strange, but at least the battery works to some extent!!!
    Thank you everyone who helped me in my last thread!
    Rich! ;)