GTA Trainers wont work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sarahn11, Oct 16, 2005.

1. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

hey there,

Got GTA San andreas when it came out for xbox, i completed it shortly afte, but now i wanna have some fun with a trainer.
    i have downloaded 20+ from many places and none of them will work.

any ideas why??
    Cheers!

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

some trainers only work for one or the other region games. (NTSC/PAL) Make sure that your game matches the region of the trainer. Also in order to run the trainer you will have to boot the game through evox,and the game (even though it plays) might still have issues with evox on some levels.

3. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

thanks for the help,
    how do i find out if my game is pal or ntsc?? i cant remember what it was when i 'got' it. im 90% sure its ntsc tho.

when i turn on an ntsc trainer it starts the game , but then returns to the dash, it also has a red ring around the eject button, instead of green.

i got a big pack of trainers and ive tried them on some other games and they work, but not for GTA or Halo 2.

its got me stumped!

4. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

Usally it will say on the case under the xbox symbol on the frount unless it's a backup or on the cd

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

with GTASA it could also be the evox problem with it too,since evox has to be running to use the trainer and GTASA has problems running under it. If your GTASA runs fine through evox then it would probably be a bug in the trainer or that the trainer is of the wrong region.

6. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

well when i try to run the trainer using gameshark, i select the trainer, then 'use on dvd game' then it has the evox loading screen..the it returns to the main dash page!

i have tried all of the trainers that came with the gameshark pack, theres about 7, and none of those work, along with the 10+ ive just found thru google.

its really annoying my now at this stage cos all my other trainers work, just not this one!

7. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

sarahn11 my trainer for those 2 games work, but the one for NFL Street 2 don't work no matter what i try, i so i feel what your saying about 1 or 2 trainers that just won't work.

8. armaxus

armaxus Member

pleeeeease. will someone help me resolve the trainer issue with GTASA. Ive searched and searched. and searched forums for answers. someone out there knows how to crack the code...

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Well it's not a region issue...since they bhave both PAL and NTSC versions of the trainer at xboxsaves.com. It would probably be something to do with your settings I think.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

worst case you could always use the button cheats instead
    they are more of a pain i know, but it is at least something.
    http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/buttoncheats/xbox.php

not sure why the Halo2 trainers you have won't work. I have some and am also running on EvoX and mine work fine.

11. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Not sure when you bought the game but edition two isn't supported by any trainers at this time. All the trainers I've found will only work with edition one, so that may be the problem.