halo 2 backed up to hdd wont start

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by foo55, May 2, 2006.

1. foo55

foo55 Member

i ripped the campaign maps out and deleted the files out of the bink folder and ftp'ed everything over. when i try to run it it just goes to a blank screen and then kicks me back to the dash. what could be causing this? is it because i installed the 1.1 update?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

why did you rip the campaign files out and the bink folder???i believe you might need that bink folder...

3. foo55

foo55 Member

i have limited hard drive space and my dvd drive is going out so i wanted to be able to play halo on xlink without any problems. i followed the tutorial on halomaps...

4. DyeP8ball

DyeP8ball Member

Hey i know exactly what you did wrong...hopefully u did ur maps right to get this to work..or u will get the error "You failed to load the map" ...u need to have ur xbox turned off...press the button with the arrow pointing up (open disktray button) and insert halo 2. After that wait till the dashboard music stops playing (or when the "X" comes up--meaning its reading the disk) and then close it back..it should let you get on live and everything..if u have live that is..if your talking about something totally differnet then reply back and give specifics about your problem.

5. xBMODSx

xBMODSx Guest

no i know what he's talkin about if you want to copy halo 2 to your hdd you copy bink, media, and maps folders!
    then you made a new folder in games on your xbox!
    then afterthat you ftp'd everything over to ur comp that was in the halo 2 folder you copied?
    then you burned it to a dvd?