Halo 2 Backing up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by s3a, Jan 16, 2006.

1. s3a

s3a Guest

I want to back up my halo 2 game but i have single layer blank dvd and the game is slightly over single layer...is there a way I can shrink it..please help someone!!

2. Forge1069

Forge1069 Member

:( i got the same problem.. only i got a different game (50 cent bulletproof)
    anyone know how to do this?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I know this is not the solution you are looking for.
    but the easiest solution to your problem is to get a bigger
    hard drive and install it. Like a 160GB or above.
    Then you can put any size game you want on it and never worry about what fits on a disc.
    And if the PC has a big enough hard drive in it you can just
    keep a back up of your game files there.
    They will also run faster off the HDD
    And no getting up to switch discs in between games, just do the reset controller trick and pick your next game.
    (reset trick)hold right & left trigger down, and press both the
    start and back button at the same time while still holding down both triggers) takes a try or 2 to get it right at first.

4. s3a

s3a Guest

No, that does not help but thanks anyway...
    I know that I could buy a dual-layer dvd disc but I want to pay less...the original hdd can keep 1 game in it so that is enough for me...the game I play the most is the game that will be in the hdd...
    please help me with my problem or get someone else to help me (us I should say)

Thanks!

5. Forge1069

Forge1069 Member

thanks again steimy for that reset trick :)
    altought it costs $140AU for a 160gb hdd, i just spent $120 on my evoX chip. im going to try buy a DVD-R DL.. its around $7 AU
    but any other solutions would help aswell for now :)
    btw, s3a, dont they sell dvd-r dl disks where u live? or do they only sell them in bulk. like packs of 5?
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  6. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  7. s3a

s3a Guest

the biggest pack i saw was 25 for DL DVD and the unit cost is expensive, I don't want to spend my money like that...I'd rather have haft the game on one single layer and the other haft on another single layer dvd although I know that it does not work like that...

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Well like i said, the easiest and best solution is to
    buy a large HDD and install it.
    Then never worry about game size again, or DL discs.
    I got a 160GB Seagate drive at Best Buy for $40 after rebates.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  9. s3a

s3a Guest

ok i need another solution like where is the least expensive(online stores acceptable)DL DVD's (that are a good brand!!)

im looking for like 50 cents (candian $, I live in canada)) the unit cost...

I don't care if I have to buy a whole lot like 100-1000 pack as long as the unit cost is cheap...
    I just have another question when I put in my halo 2 game into the DL DVD on the free space can I fill it with softwares and other things for computer, will it still work in the xbox, for example, xbox games in the xbox read as a game but on dvd players and comps they read as dvd movies, same for me, I want it to read as a DATA DVD with halo 2 and other files like softwares on my comp but on my xbox, I want it to play the game...can that work?