Halo 2.iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Shiny_ray, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Shiny_ray

Shiny_ray Guest

Hey afterdawn,
    I really need some help. I have a iso of Halo 2. So I tried the method of getting a default.xbe but no work. Then I had extracted the game and ftp'd it over to my xbox and it gives me a disc read error. Even though its playing from the xbox. But i think im missing some files. The iso gave me 3 folders bink, maps, media. And one file default.xbe. And i don't have a dvd-r i have only cd-r. And i have halo 2 disc, its cracked but the xbox recognizes it, then i use dvd2box. It copys it but still gives me a disc read error. So please anybody this once help me out. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  2. RndmJestr

RndmJestr Guest

From the sounds of it the ISO might be bad? I also have a copy of Halo 2 for the Xbox, I used DVD2Xbox, worked fine. But before I knew about that; I used Qwix to upload it to my xbox, have you tried that? Instead of decompressing your ISO, just load it into qwix, upload and try to play?

3. Shiny_ray

Shiny_ray Guest

Ok i tried at no it didn't work.hey I sent you a pm.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

hahaha.. sorry guys.. your iso is junk.. there are a lot of badly ripped ones around. You are missing files.. orig.xbe and update.xbe from memory for starters.
    look for the xboxdvd-dagger releases or just buy the bloody thing.. It's £2 most places..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  5. Shiny_ray

Shiny_ray Guest

i knew it was missing something,but just didnt want 2 belive it. so what
    this xboxdvd-dagger your talking about