HALO 2 ON DVD-R WILL NOT WORK

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Mexiboy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

I have tried about five times wiht five different programs trying to get halo 2 to work. I have followed all of the tutorials for backing up xbox games to dvd, but when i load it sayd dirty disc error. and yes my box is modded

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

In that case either it's a bad disk, your laser is dying or you haven't done it right. Is your dash showing the word "game" when you put the disk in? If it says unknown or no disk then it's never going to work.
    Post exactly how you made the xiso and burned it and I'll try to work out where it's going wrong.

3. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Well no because evox loads the disc and reads it fine, but when the game loads up it it says disc maybe dirty or damaged. It gets to the part where it loads after the bungie logo loads. The first time i tried it i thought that when i ftp it over something must of misses the transfer or was corrupted. So i transfered it over again, burned it and still didnt work. I used qwix to make the iso and burned with dvd decrypter and nero.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

What brand of media did you use?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  5. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Imation dvd-r, but i dont think that is teh problem because the game loads the bungie logo. but nothing else.

6. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

If anybody wants to help work on a project please leave a message. The project is backing up halo2 to dvd-r and being able to play on live. I know its possible because i have seen someone do it.

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Get some Verbatim DVD-Rs and try again.

8. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

just out of curiosity, what did you remove from the game to make it fit onto the disc? you might have removed something important...? also try a diferent brand of media.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  9. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

I had removed nothing because the game can fit onto a dvd easily.
    Idk its just weird because i backupped other games with the same media and they work flawless! If i donwload a halo2 iso torrent is there anyway i can like open up that iso to make modifications to it?

10. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

If you ftp ed halo 2 from your xbox and didn't remove anything, you will need a Dual Layer disk!!!!

Winrar will allow you to play around with an iso.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  11. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Hey johnstar can you tell my why i need a dual layer disc and how to burn it to a dual layer disc and all the proper steps to completing the task?

But once again, howcome none of the other xbox games have to be on a dual layer disc?

12. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

There are quite a few Xbox games that won't fit on a single layer DVD-R. Some examples are Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Dynasty Warriors 5.

Also, you don't really have to burn it to a dual layer. If you wanted to, you could split it into two discs: one for single player; one for multiplayer.

Or, just replace one of the videos in the bink folder with a 0 byte video file off from balugabutt.

13. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

well no halo2 fits fine on a normal dvd-r... I dont understand what everybody is trying to tell me! is someone could write just a tiny tut on how to burn halo2 to dvd-r for me.... please!

14. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Its your media, no matter what you do the full game will NOT fix in a dvd5 4.7gb disc halo 2 is over the limit anygame over 4.30gb will not fit, it will burn sucess fully but you will have problems. What I did is just removed the credits and that was just enough to fit and work great. Do try better media I use sony dvd+r or verbatim dvd-rs and they work great no problem what so ever.

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

The reason Halo 2 won't fit on a disc is right in the glossary...

Halo 2 is 4502 megabytes, which is just over the limit. That's why everyone keeps telling you that something must be removed before it'll fit on a DVD-R...

16. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Im sorry i forgot to mention that i took out camp. maps. can i not do that?

17. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Yes, as long as you only remove the single player maps you'll be fine...

Since it didn't work when you tried it, you must've removed something you shouldn't have.

18. yuiiiio

yuiiiio Member

hey i had this same problem with almost every game i tried to back up i figured out that if you decrease the spped at which you burn it at and finalize the disk it tends to eliminate this problem i use nero for it and all my backed up games work perfectly now
    hope that helps

19. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

will anybody please make a list of the files that you can takeout and cannot take out? PLEASE!

20. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

dashupdate.xbe
    update.xbe
    downloader.xbe

I didn't read everyone's replies, but these are the files needed for XBL and since the disc is burned, you wont be able to play XBL anyways. Remove those and you'll be able to fit all of Halo 2 onto 1 disc...yes even the SP maps :D