harddisk is lock help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lilcj14, Aug 23, 2005.

1. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

i softmodded my xbox and my xbox will not boot to the set up screen i can leave my xbox dvd drive on and it still wont got to the screen you know the blue dashboard help

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Tell us what did you do? How exactly did you have it softmodded (installer, fonts, exploit lol etc)? What dashboard? is there any error codes does it bring up any errors? does it just not boot up? more info, not just "HELP ME" cuz we can't help someone since it's not our problem, but we can help if we know your problem.

Degalle

3. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

well i turn it on copy a game then i turn i off then turn back on then the dvd was gone i try to reset it but it stayed on my skin dashboard every time i boot it it goes to my skin how do i reformat it

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

First off you gotta remember that i'm old lol (17 lmao), and i'm really tired after staying up to much, so i need to understand what you mean to say, and when you don't type it correctly it makes my job that much harder and that's on just reading not your problem. So if you want help quicker i suggest slowing down and reading over it at least once to check if it makes sense. (JFYI not being mean just saying k?)

What did you use to backup you dvd i assume? what dashboard do you have? where did you put the dvd? is this stock xbox harddrive? if so where did you put the dvd? (stupid question if it's stock but still need to know) and anything else.

Degalle

5. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

alright this is what happen i softmodded my xbox the i ceated a ms backup then i installed evox then i turn it off then turn it back on then i backed the ms dash board up so i copy one game then i turn it off then powered it backup then i went to the media drive and the dvd's would not play i think my harddisk got lock i didn't do anything to in i hit unlock harddisk i still wont unlock

6. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

alright this is what happen i softmodded my xbox the i ceated a ms backup then i installed evox then i turn it off then turn it back on then i backed the ms dash board up so i copy one game then i turn it off then powered it backup then i went to the media drive and the dvd's would not play i think my harddisk got lock i didn't do anything to in i hit unlock harddisk i still wont unlock

So it's just the dvd's won't play? you mean the dvd you backedup right? and if you can actually boot up your drive first off is not unlocked, because retail bios won't allow your hdd to be unlocked unless you get a error with a code like 6 i think.

still have a hard time understanding you, like backing up ms dashboard what do you mean by that?

Degalle

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@Degallle[/bold] and here to help [bold]lilcj14[/bold] if I can...

I'm having a hard time understanding what the main issue as well. But I think what he's referring to as far as backing up the MS Dashboard is a part of the softmod's option. Initially installing the softmod where you have (i.e. install unleash x, install evox, etc.) one option is to back up the MS Dash.

lilcj14, please just state what the problem is...what exactly can't you do that you want/need to do. A locked hard drive is not an issue. All xbox hdd's are locked and usually aren't unlocked unless it's the modding process of the drive or other issues being attacked by the modder.

8. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

here my problem i can't copy games and i can't play audio i cant play dvd's it wont go back to the screen where it say's install evox or unleashx

9. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

is there a master code maybe to unlock harddisk please anybody help me get back to the create mod backup screen

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What screen is it booting up to? if it isnt booting up a bios then there should be an error code what is the error code if the bios screen isnt booting up.

11. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

where do i find the error code on what screen

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

when you turn on your Xbox what is coming up on the screen? Is it loading up your dashboard or is it giving you an error code message.

What else are we supost to say to get you to understand what we are asking.

Are you trying to play the games or DVDs off your hard drive on the Xbox?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  13. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

What he's asking is do you get this message with a number or no number or are you getting something else, cuz if you boot up to the MS dashboard then you can fix it easily if i remember the problem correct.

http://www.visi.com/~scot.maki/xbox-repair/error7.jpg

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/explanation_of_error_codes.htm

The first one is the picture and then the other tells you how many error codes there are and possibly how to fix them or how to tell if you have a paper weight for a xbox, or football however you see it.

Degalle

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If you are getting an error code, you should follow this guide posted by [bold]deezp1[/bold] which is pretty indepth on what they are, why, and how to go about fixing them.

[bold]VERY HELPFUL[/bold]
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562

15. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

there is know error code alright you know how you first softmod your xbox and your on that blue dashboard that has install evox on it my xbox wont go to that screen it stays on my xbox skin you know the evox skin not the dash i can reboot the system over and over with the dvd drive open it wont go to that screen

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

did you try reinsatlling the soft mod again?
    I understand what your saying when you turn on your Xbox then open the try right after turning it on it loads the blue screen where you can insatll Evox or UnleashX and where you can save the MS backup.
    All I can say is try reinsatlling the softmod. maybe you over wrote the softmod loader program.

17. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

so how do i reinstall it

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

the same way you installed it in the first place

19. lilcj14

lilcj14 Member

i tryed it it didn't work

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You could try deleting the save off of the hard drive and saving it on again after a reboot and then reinstall it.