Have I Killed my Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Papachop, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Papachop

Papachop Member

I was installing a new version of XBMC, I was going from v1.1.0 to whichever version was released on 18th of December 2005. I got everything FTP'd across perfectly and I rebooted, the new version loaded up straight away, the only problem was it was'nt accepting commands from the controller, so I started deleting and reinstalling files to see if I could get it to work.

But then I deleted XboxMediaCentreDash.xml, and when I rebooted all I got was the normal blue Xbox logo with EVOX in the corner, but then instead of going straight to XBMC like it usually does, I get the error message "Your Xbox requires service, call Customer Support". I get this when trying to boot up the normal Xbox dash aswell, and now I cant establish an FTP connection to restore the file! I think Im screwed, anyone got any suggestions?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Is this a softmod or hardmod?

If its a softmod then try to reinstall the softmod exploit again if you kept the game save exploit on the Xbox HDD game saves.

3. Papachop

Papachop Member

Nah its an executer 3 with a 250gb HDD, I cant get an FTP connection now, thats whats got me worried...

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

should be able to set you network conections in the live config dash.

5. Papachop

Papachop Member

What? No Im getting the "Call customer service support" error message, it started happening after i deleted a file, Im wondering how I can restore that file when I dont have FTP access, my network connections were fine before...

6. huskies7

huskies7 Member

yea....i got that same error, about a week ago. havent found out a way to fix it though, someone help if you can cuz i cant ftp to my pc, start up a game, or anything. i tried the van helsing dvd thing somebody said, but my box wouldnt boot that up either.

7. DarkB1ood

DarkB1ood Guest

i had it once..and had to use a Auto-installer...Like slayers..and reinstall the dash..and hopefuly it should work..

8. jasin39

jasin39 Member

i agree w. DarkB1ood. it sounds like XBMC was set to your default dash. I would re-install the XBMC or use the slayers to install a different dash so that atleast you will be able to ftp into the xbox and fix your XBMC