Having Major Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by TheXbox05, Aug 4, 2004.

1. TheXbox05

TheXbox05 Member

Ok i am using Flash to transfer the files from the D drive all the way into my computer, i am using Craxtion to convert the files of the games into an ISO, i think when i use that program it also patches certain files. After the ISO is made i use Nero 6.3.0.0 to burn the image to the DVD-R. With all that done the game, for some odd reason will not play right, i keep on getting damaged or dirty errors evertime i get far into the game. Any Help?

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

ok, when you create your iso with craxtion you have to have the file **open** click the file which contains the data so it appears open.

If this is not done it will create the file into an iso which will get you a dde error in your xbox. Are you using caxtion 4 or the older 3.1?

Another reason why it may not work is how your burning the iso. Open nero, choose open, choose all images, find your iso, click open, DONT CHANGE ANY MORE SETTINGS, and burn it at a speed of your choice.

Thats the only 2 reasons why it wouldn't work.

Make sure you patch the .xbe files too. If you still cant get craxtion to work try qwix - availiable at www.xbox-scene.com - downloads (or at least it was last time i went there)

Let me know how you go.

Clarky.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

It's possible that your Xbox's drive is a Thompson. There are 3 Xbox's drive versions: Samsung, Philips, Thompson. Samsung is best and Thompson is worse at reading backups. Mine's a Thompson also and I have tried many many different DVD brands, and still I managed to get that "dirty disc" error all the time. I fixed the problem by installing a 250GB HDD and put the games on it.

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

I have a thompson and i am yet to find dvd media that it wont read. It reads every - & + r media I have used so far. The only thing it wont read in cd-r. But yeah i guess there is a remote chance that the media that your using ius incopatible with your drive.

The biggets media issue is with sammy's and burning onto +r's

5. TheXbox05

TheXbox05 Member

Ok the Crextion i am using is version 4, the drive i have is not thomphon but a philiphs. I cant seems to get a good back up for some odd reason. Any other help?

6. clarky

clarky Regular member

Have you even tried what we have suggested yet?

There is not much more besides the media, the iso, or the way you burn it that will return a dde.

Worst case, burn the raw data onto a dvd and see how that goes. What chip are you using?

7. TheXbox05

TheXbox05 Member

Ok first off all which version is better, 4 or 3.1 i mean of course 4 might be but sometimes older version work better then newer, and i dont have a chip in my xbox, The only thing that was done to my xbox was programs up loaded to it dealing with the bios. So i have all the programs like DVD2Xbox, Media Player, DVDX and other stuff like that. I know burned games work on it because i have used some from other people but for some reason when i try to do it, it doesnt come out the same.

8. clarky

clarky Regular member

craxtion 4 has better functionality. (ie the addition of cdx) and the wizard interface.

Try what we have suggested in the above posts then get back to us.

9. TheXbox05

TheXbox05 Member

Ok when i got my files off the disk to my computer i used FlashFXP to extract them to the PC. After that i used Craxtion to make the ISO, ok now tell me if is it possible to extract games from the Xbox using Craxtion. If so walk me throught the whole proccess Please

10. TheXbox05

TheXbox05 Member

Ok Finally Problem solved, thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem, i am now able to burn games with DVD-Rs now and also put more then 1 game on a disk, thanks everyone

11. clarky

clarky Regular member

So what were you actually doing wrong?

ANd yeah in craxtion its called disk copy. Set up your static ip addy the same as fxp and away you go.

12. scottas

scottas Guest

Remember too to always burn at the slowest speed possible.

13. TheXbox05

TheXbox05 Member

ok I Just ran into another problem, I am a copy of the disk and i put it into my xbox, the menu came on to select the game and so i did. The Following day came and i put the disk back into the xbox, this time the menu didnt appear. I just got a diry disk air. Some times if im luck it will appear, sometimes no, Any Ideas. also i have a philiphs drive, any brand of DVD-R you would recommend?

14. clarky

clarky Regular member

hmmmm, thats an odd problem. you can clear your x y z files out and see if that helps. It may also pay you to blow out the fan at the back of the xbox.