HDD loader on softmodded machine (standard HD)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chrisfunk, Jan 31, 2006.

1. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Does anybody know how to get PX HDD loader to work on a softmodded machine?

I have got the program itself running ok after putting it in the apps folder but it gives me the message...

"your chip does not support disc eject reset, disc must already be inserted"

It will let me press B and read the disc, tell me how big it is etc but this message comes up when I try to confirm the copy action.

The HD is standard size so i know i wont get much on there but it would be handt to fit at least 1 game on there incase i cant be bothered to ftp it straight away.

2. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Sorry ya all, i was being doopid!

The message still appears but it was set to show partition 6 which has '0' free space and so of course would not work (though it didn't tell me that!) so swapped to partition 1 which has over 4 gig and have now got half life 2 on there fine and dandy.

by the way though, what the hell is the "eject reset trick" the message is talking about and whay is there a message if it does not need to be there. If I can still back up a game then surely there is no problem and no reason for there to be a message?

thanks for looking though : )