HeadPhone Problem HELP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DiddyDid, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DiddyDid

DiddyDid Member

my headphones wont work anymore in the main jack in the back of my pc. They used to but have since stopped, I no its not the jack because the speakers still work fine, but i also no its not the headphones as they are workin fine in the front jack>? i need them in the back to keep my mic plugged in. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. thanx

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Do you plug the headphones into the same jack as the speakers in the back? If not then try another set of headphones in the problem jack just to see if they work. Also Look at all your volume settings. Look for anything that may be muted or turned down all the way.

If this is a hardware failure (which I doubt) Then consider getting an extension cord for the mic so you can have the headphones plugged in the front. Would give you more cord and more room to sit back. If you can, try to avoid Radio shack for that cord unless you like paying way to much for stuff. I think it is about $20 at radio shack and $5 at Frys. See the difference?

-Del

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You could also try going into Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager and try disabling and then renabling all your audio drivers/devices.

4. DiddyDid

DiddyDid Member

ok il give it a go. cheers