help a confused lady

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by plonkers, Sep 5, 2005.

1. plonkers

plonkers Member

hi all.. i hope somebody can help me with my dillemma.. i have been searching hi and lows for the answer on the internet and i cant find one! grrr

equipment:
    1. cute ftp
    2. evox 2.6final
    3. qwix

situation
    1. i want to backup my original cd files to my xbox hd. i have successfully ripped the files
    2. my files are as follows:

wam-ns3.nfo
    wam-ns3.r00
    wam-ns3.r01....33
    wam-ns3.rar
    wam-ns3.sfv

question
    1. where do i copy specifically the files on my xbox console?
    2. which folder?
    3. do i copy the files as it is?

any help would be greatly appreciated..

tnx!

2. plonkers

plonkers Member

sorry just to make it clear, the ripped files are already on my pc.. so i want to ftp the files from my pc to xbox console without burning dvds..

how?

3. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Use programs such as simplexiso to make you files you ftp to your computer into a xbox image. Once you have a image (xiso), just simple ftp it into one of your drives with space.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Here is what you need to do...

1) Extract the ISO out of your first .rar file, wam-ns3.r00 (Use Winrar to do this)

2) Now, once you get the ISO, you will need to extract it's contents into a folder. I will be using Craxtion v31 to do this, get it from http://www.craxtion.com

3) Open up Craxtion and click "File" then "ISO Extraction Mode" then click "yes" to the window that comes up.

4) Now click "Add" and find the ISO file on your computer and double click it.

5) Click "Extract ISO's" on the bottom right hand side and it will begin extracting the ISO into the folder you created.

Now, you will need to learn how to FTP to your Xbox. I have a guide for using FlashFXP, but not one for CuteFTP. It is basically the same thing, and if you can't get it, just DL an evaluation copy of FlashFXP...

http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=128

Now, I take it you have an upgraded HD. So in your F: or G: partition, you will need to locate the games folder, or create one yourself if you cannot find it.

Go ahead and FTP the folder you created above directly to your Games folder.

THAT'S IT!

5. plonkers

plonkers Member

thanks vgaddict8 and pimpdawg.. i think i got the retail hd because i cannot read F.. one some threads, ive seen that they suggest for me to use E instead.. i still got around 4GB of hd space which is not a lot.. anyway, can i put it in the games folder as it is? do i need to create sub-folders? how will my system read the games?

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, not many people use their stock HD's to store Xbox games on them. But if there is a Games folder in you E: already, then that is all you will need. Do not create any sub folders inside of the game folders, just put in the folder of the Xbox game you wish to trasnfer to the Games folder.

Since your using the EvoX dashboard (I think) it will be in your "Games" folder. Just browse around inside of the dashboard to find it.

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

8. plonkers

plonkers Member

thanks pimpdawg and uniique1... managed to transfer my games now...

bought a higher capacity hd as well.. re-installed evox 2.6.. PERFECT!!!

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You're very welcome...hope it all works well for you but if you do have problems, you know what to do!

10. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

If u ever need to create an xiso from a mac I have the program for u or.....actually any of u i can send it to u soo just ask...Also on a different note if i am backing up my game say for instence splinetcell chaos theory. I get the files onto my comp and then send the deafult.xbe to my comp and patch it do i need to put in a games folder in the E drive. I just put it in E and then created a patched xbe and then used that to make the burnt disk. If so this could be why i can't seem to play my backups. Anyways yeah just wondering!