HELP~!CAPTURE VIDEO FROM CANON MV940

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Hanson, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Hanson

Hanson Member

I just bought a canon MV940 camcorder. I need to capture the video from camcorder to my computer thru fire wire(4 pin to 4 pin). I'm not sure whether my computer should detect my camcorder when I plug the firewire to my computer. But Window Movie Maker and WinDVD Creator 3 totally can find my camcorder. Do both of this capturing software not support my camcorder?if yes please advice any compatible software,I totally new in Video Recording.I'm use ACER TravelMate 290,it got build-in IEEE 1394,do i need to install what to connect the camcorder with my computer?I can saw the 1394 Connection on my Network Connection,is that normal?

2. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

hi there...

I usually use a free software called Captureflux (google for it) which is very good for transferring data from the camcorder to the PC via firewire. I recommend it to you instead of Windows native program.

if the firewire board is properly setup, then Win XP should recognize your Camcorder the moment you connect it turned on with the proper cable.

I have never used WinDVD Creator sorry but if it encodes your file onto MPG-2 and then creates your project, you shouldn't have problems. On the contrary, if it needs an MPG-2 file, then you'll need to encode the AVI file that Captureflux provides onto a DVD compliant file format such as MPG-2 with an encoder tool (TMPGEnc for instance)

3. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

*** repeated ***

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006