help dvd xbox game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by motogp, Nov 9, 2005.

1. motogp

motogp Regular member

hi
    i have xbox game matrix path of neo when i opened the win rar file the iso is 4.45gb in size when i tried to burn to dvd using dvd de crypter an on screen message came up saying that the iso was to big for standard dvd any way i can get this to fit onto dvd or do i have to get dvd9 which i have never used before (do they work in re writer same as 4.3 dvd )

thanks

2. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi there. im having a similar problem. Im trying to open the rar iso file in win rar, it starts extracting then when it gets to about 98% complete an error message pops up saying " there is not enough spac on the disk Write Error: only NTFS file system supprots files larger than 4 GB.

Any ideas?

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

look for demos that can be deleted,or videos in other formats (NTFS/PAL) even just other languages that you know you will not use. You are probably going to have to search the game files to know what needs to be deleted. Also the updatedash file as well as the update.xbe file can be deleted.

If it's just a small amount of space that you need saved,you can look in the game for a large video file (cut scene) and either convert it/shrink it/convert it back to original file system. OR You can just find another cut scene that isn't as large and rename it to the one that is,that is if you don't mind seeing the same cut scene twice.

4. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

I cant seem to get into the iso, I just have this file that starts extracting but then aborts at the end, leaving me no files to view.

Is there any other software to use, or is WINRAR the best.
    Ive only got bout 6.5 GB of free space on my hard drive, could it be this?

Thank you for your help.

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER. In the command window, type help convert and then press ENTER.

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

More than likely

7. itburnz

itburnz Member

ive had the same problem over the last few weeks with a few games including the matrix, apperently a freind told me that its because most pc run on fat32 driver which can only read pal versions of the game. so although your modded xbox can read will read the iso your pc does not support the file.i am trying to find a driver at the monemet if i have any luck i will let everyone know.

itburnz