Help extracting Matrix Path of Neo XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lofty2x2, Nov 16, 2005.

1. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi all, hope someone can help.

Been downloading isos, rar files ect for a few weeks, everythings been fine.

I download Matrix Path Of Neo.
    In the folder I get the following file:

(1.)XBOX RLT Matrix The Path Of Neo(DVD5).iso

I also get 3 more files:

(2.)Extra-Blu-makingof.sfd SFD File
    (3.)Extra-outtakes.sfd SFD File
    (4.)Pon_trailer.sfd SFD File

These last 3 files have apparently been removed from the iso but left on the download incase any1 wants then.

The problem is when I try to extract the iso, it gets to about 98% extraction then an error message pops up saying "There is not enough space on the disk. Write Error: only NTFS file system supports files larger than 4 GB."

Can anyone help me, im using Winrar 3.50 to extract.
    Thank you.

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

First off,it sounds like you're running a FAT32 filesystem which doesn't support files that large. It might be time to switch to NTFS if you can....or if you have a larger hard drive in your xbox you can just ftp the image to your xbox and use complex tools to extract it right on the xbox.

PS are you trying to burn it or just extract it?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  3. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Im sorry but i dont not know what a FAT32 file system is, or an NTFS.

My PC is quite old but seems to run ok:

Packard Bell
    Intel Celeron Processor
    801mhz
    320 MB of RAM
    20Gb hard drive, I only have bout 6.5 GB free.(Could this be the problem, Ive never had any other probs extracting)

Thanks for your help.

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If your OS(operating system) is Windows 98 or Windows Millenium or Windows 95 your using the FAT or FAT32 file system and it doesn't support files larger than 4gb.

Windows 2000 or Windows XP can use the NTFS file system. Only having 6gb of space left over can definately pose a problem also.

Most xbox games aren't over 4gb & that's probably why you haven't had a problem

5. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

OK Bohefus thanks for you help. Think ill need to upgrade my hard drive- ive looked at possibly fitting a new hard drive with a larger memory (this may be a provlem for me as Im unsure how to fit these-I could search this site for guides.
    Also seen external hard drive which connect via USB port-this sounds much easier.

6. n4048

n4048 Member

Get...

- Windows XP or Windows 2000 so you can use the NTFS file system
    - a copy of XXXISO so you can extract and create ISOs that use the xfat file system
    - a Western Digital 200+ gig hard drive and install it as a slave drive

Keep your 20 gig hard drive as your master drive and use it for your operating system and program files.

:)