HELP ME BOBY??? ( X-bit mod chip )

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Fecker, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Fecker

Fecker Member

Hi all you good peeps :)

Now Im verrry new to the scene and have some questions for all you experienced peeps,Thay might sound stupid but I need your help so please dont pass this thread by..

[bold](1)[/bold] I have just got the X-bit mod chip for my xbox now is it possible to back up my original x-box game's to a dvd-r's and then play them like the original games?? (like on a ps2 with a mod chip)I dont fancy all this upload the games to the HDD or is that all you can do?

[bold](2)[/bold] Is there an indepth step by step guide to setting up flashing and running the X-bit mod chip as all the guides sofar I have read are very basic and for the one on the X-bit site it is pathetic.

For a thick noob like me I diden't even know you had to find a bios and flash it to the chip, I thought the flash software had the bios and thats all you needed......

[bold](3)[/bold] I take it if I remove the X-bit mod chip from my xbox it will run as before it had the chip in or dose is screw up the xbox in any way????

[bold](4)[/bold] I just want to use the xbox (with the X-bit mod chip in) to play my back up games like my ps2 (open the dvd drawer on my xbox pop in the DVD back up game and play)Can it be this easy with the xbox or again do I have to conect to my pc and upload etc??

Thanks for your time :)
    FECKER...

[​IMG]

_
    _
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]1 2 3oclock 4oclock rock 5 6 7oclock 8oclock rock 9 10 11oclock 12ooclock rock - Im going to rock around the clock tonight....[/small]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  2. andres200

andres200 Regular member

i have done an xbit step by step tutorial myself
    includes flashing, installing, installing evox, and ftping

the ONLY way to backup an xbox game is to ftp it over to pc and create iso and burn

with the chip installed and working correctly the backups play just like original games

never try to load xbox live with your chip turned on very bad results

i can walk you through it all
    pm me with your contact details

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  3. NEOL

NEOL Guest

hi there can u pleaea help me?i bought a x-bit modchip about two weeks ago and i still cant tell if it works or not.i tried downloading all the software ie:xecuter bios and dashboards incl.evox and a number of others as well. but i still cant get it to work besides does the screen change at all once the bios is installed?installed it an dit flashed red and green.

please pretty please help me im going insane.

neol

4. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

I am a noob at chips and every thing so if nobody does not mind i need some help.Ok im ordering an
    x-bit mod chip i was talkin to a friend and he was pointing out not flash ready and i dont know anything about all this what is flash does it mean u have have to program it your self or what.Do i buy a thing to flash it or whatever u would call it.What in the world is bios?And my friend was talkin about dashboards do u absolutly have to have 1 what is the dashboard do, what is it for?Does the x-bit chip come wit every thing u need to put it in your xbox i know it does not come wit the flash thing but can i install it when i get it and program it latter.Will somebody plz help me.do i download dashboards from the internet?Will the stuff i have to have sepretly cost any thing will somebody show me how to install flash and every thing i need to get it working.plz plz plz help me

5. andres200

andres200 Regular member

the xbit comes with a usb that you flash the chip with

i have wrote a tutorial on the whole process of getting an xbit working

pm me for a link to it or if you have any farter questions

6. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

ive almost downloaded every thing u have sugested but do i have to have dvd burner equiped in my pc cuz i dont?

7. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

and is nero 6 ultra edition trial version what i need to download for nero?and hte craxtion software does not seem to be working i downloaded every thing i needed for it?

8. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

And o yeh i downloaded a dashboard and it wont come up?so if u can give me some more help lol.

9. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

here's another it dont have to do wit software or anything but i put in an money order at modchip.com
    and i had to send an email what's goin to happin i wish they would hurry the hell up i want my mod chip.Do u know any thing about that site is it a good place or bad try to get back to me.

10. andres200

andres200 Regular member

in order to back xbox games onto disk you will need a dvd burner

i have heard that modchip man.com is a very good site

11. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

yeh that is a good site.but while i was lookin i seen all kinds of soldering shit its only sposed to have 1 thing u have to solder and that is optional so whats goin on?????

12. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

i see n/m that but since im entirly new to this if i new where to solder it at do u thank i could

13. holmes69

holmes69 Guest

i hate to keep on goin on about this but is all that stuff u said to download it.Is that all i need to get it up and runnin.And i need help with dashboard and craxtion and the dummy file none of them will come up when i click on them will this be a prob when i get my chip??