help me decied which dvd burner to buy

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by jr1966, Dec 28, 2002.

1. jr1966

jr1966 Guest

I'm at my wits end .I don't know whether to get dvd-r/rw or dvd +r/rw.pcworld are selling a dvdrw228 for £219 and i've read some good reviews on that one and before anyone suggest a sony i can't get one for love or money. i've got a ps2 v5 and a stand alone dvd to feed and i don't want to buy the wrong format please help me to decide.

2. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

I would start by reading into some posts on the ps2 area and find out what they have the best success with. Then look into some sites to see what different media your player can support, I think Afterdawn has a section which does this and vcdhelp does also. Yes I feel your pain about the Sony DRU-500, I myself called CDW to see how long their 2+ weeks actually was, I'm number 817 on the list. Might as well get a number, you can always cancel if you find a better offer elsewhere. Best of luck.

3. tkjalj

tkjalj Member

try zones.com. They may still have the sony dru-500a in stock. By the way, I am in no way affiliated with zones.com. I just ran across there site on bizrate.com while searching for sites that may have this dvd writer in stock. I did not even order mine from them. I am just merely trying to help you guys out.

4. dvdrookie

dvdrookie Member

Just FYI on the Sony Dru500a- it took 1 month 5 days from date of purchase to receive from Dell. Pleased with it so far. Any complaints with anyone elses?

5. tkjalj

tkjalj Member

I just got my sony dru-500a today. Backed up one dvd movie, one ps2 game, and made a audio cd. All worked fine. So far so good. I love it.

6. dvdrookie

dvdrookie Member

Got my sony dru-500a in and have successfully copied one dvd movie (all the dvd+r's that I had). Everything worked FLAWLESSLY with dvddecrypter, ifoedit and nero 5.10. Very pleased so far with this burner.

7. jlsnnc

jlsnnc Member

I bought mine a few days ago from Bestbuy,,,I just walked in and they had maybe 6 or 8 in stock,,I live in North Carolina,,didn't know the demand was so high for them.

8. newbee101

newbee101 Regular member

9. turkf26

turkf26 Guest

i had a sony dvd burner then something went wrong and it would not work anymore. I then bought a hpdvd200i +r/w dvd burner. It has worked great for me. No problems burning any ps2 backups, dvd movies, files, etc... id personally go with the hp but they are a little more expensive.