HELP PLEASE HP Printer software Problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by justin981, Sep 14, 2008.

1. justin981

justin981 Member

G'day

I need some help please. This problem has gone on for over a week with no resolution in sight.

I recently bought a new HP all in one J6480 printer. Installed on XP SP3 ok and ran fine for a couple weeks until I ran a RegCure registry clean. After then I couldn't open HP Solutiuon Centre or Document Manager. So I undid the registry clean to no avail. Then I tried to re-install the software - no help. Tried to system restore and it won't restore. Used the HP Scrubber and re'installed still didn't work. Spent 5 Hours on the phone to HP and even let them take control of my computer trying to fix it. Eventually they told me to uninstall restart re install then ring them if it didn't work. Obviously it didn't. So I restarted in safe mode, deleted every hp file I could find, manually went through the registry deleted everythin hp i could find, re installed and finally the software worked. But now with the software installed if I try to open word docs from the desktop or in a folder they take 10 mins, if they open at all. Similar problem with Control Panel. Other programs are ok. Uninstalling fixes the problem but then I can't use the HP software to Scan Print etc.

Does anyone know of a complete cleaner that removes all HP files and folders so I can start fresh? Or any other help would really be appreciated

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

A Format C: should work fine. Then, DON'T install RegCure, or any other registry cleaner, if you don't know how to use them.

3. justin981

justin981 Member

Format C? Please forgive my ignorance but do you mean re-format the C drive via the windows boot disk? Which would mean re-installing all my programs etc? I would like to try an avoid this if possible.

Thanks very much for the help but.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes, that is what it means

5. justin981

justin981 Member

OK thanks very much for your help