Help with AID

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by owvp702, Mar 2, 2006.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

Okay, on my previous xbox I manually installed everything and then used slayers later on. I just wanted to learn how to do it on my own first.

On my newest xbox I wanted to use AID instead of slayers since it's more up to date.

I now have everything I want installed but when I boot up with the mod chip off it FRAG's. It boots up with the chip on right to my evox dash fine. From evox I can go to the msdash or xbmc without a problem. I just have the problem where I try to boot with the chip off.

If this can't be fixed then I guess I'll just format the HDD and go back to my slayers.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Well, if you have the Xenium Ice you have to have the HD locked to disable the chip to get the MS Dash. Not sure what chip you have but I'm willing to bet that your Xbox is trying to boot to the MS Dash with you HD unlocked, therefore your getting an error code, right??

3. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

I have the xecuter 2.6CE. I figured that was it so I looked on the switchin for the chip and it doesn't have a HDD Lock setting and the AID disk doesn't do it. Slayers does though, why the heck would AID not put this in?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

all depends on who makes them i guess.
    But yes you can get slayer to do it. There are also a few new dashboards out there on places like Xbox-Scene that have a locking HDD feature built into the dashboard.