Help with camcorder/VCD issue.

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by laivindil, Aug 2, 2004.

1. laivindil

laivindil Member

Hello, my name is Chris. I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC20.

The problem: When I am making VCDs with my Picture package program the sound on the camcorder works fine (it plays it on the little screen while it downloads to the computer) but once its finished, I right click on say, AVSEQ01 then click open with Windows media player. When it opens in the player. it take a while, then starts playing the video without any sound. I have an older VCD (from about a month ago) that works fine when I open its files. but when I try to open any of the files from this new one or any of the other two new ones (made three new ones over the last two days) it does not work.

So,
    One one (one month) works fine
    The Three new VCDs (dont work on computer, but on camcorder sound works fine)

If you could help or point me in the right directon or need more information please post. Thank you

Chris
    derekcleggfan@yahoo.com

2. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

Try using a VCD player as opposed to Windows Media, it could be that your computer is too slow, or you have audio video sync issuses try checking your mpeg files BEFORE your author and see if their are any sync issuses , other than that its hard to tell

Anhar Miah
    IMECE Aff Mem