help with dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by neo23ny, Jun 8, 2006.

1. neo23ny

neo23ny Member

I have some video files i downloaded, wondering if there was a way i could burn them to CD-R so i could play them in my dvd player...they are movies and i am unsure how to find out what format they are in, if i right click/properties it just tells me it's a video file, no specific format....thanks

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Really helps to know the file types, ie. the extenders you are dealing with.

So, if you are viewing the files using Explorer, click on Tools, Folder Options, View, and uncheck the box for "hide extentions for known file types". This should allow you to see the file types you are dealing with.

Now you will need to know what file types your dvd player can handle. If your files are of the proper type and are not encoded just burn them to a CD. Assuming they are not too big for the CD. Most any burning software should do this for you.

Usually you can burn the bigger files to a DVD disk. You can also (usually) put more than one file on a DVD (in a separate folder). My DVD player (an old Toshiba SD-2900) will then display a screen to select which folder to play using the remote arrow keys and such. Then it will bring the screen back up when one is done and you can select another, etc.

Good luck.