help with dvd woking but not working

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by CiroZ, Jan 4, 2008.

1. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

Thanks 4 taking the time to read this..

i have a dvd thats in PAL and my dvd player(Both) plays PAL/NTSC when i tryed to play the dvd in both dvd player's it shows and you can hear it but it jumps like the old tvs that you have too tune to get the picture(Glad Those days are over..lol) so i then played it on my computer and plays fine just perfect..i even tryed copying it on my computer and changing the format to NTSC and it stills plays the same on the dvd player's....thanks 4 your time

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Is there a setting in the dvd player's setup menus, to choose PAL? Or are you saying it plays PAL, because you get a picture, even though it's jumping? Does the tv support PAL?

Computers will play PAL format, as well as NTSC, without a special setup. But equipment made to be used in the US, will not play PAL format, unless the equipment has settings to choose for it.

I've never done it, but there's supposed to be ways to convert PAL to NTSC, for viewing on our equipment.
    Good luck!

3. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

it says it in the book to the dvd player.it plays pal/ntsc and not SECAM..i have a modded ps2 and when i tryed it the screen comes up saying tv doesnt match format and im not sure on messing with the setting(Matrix green dot).but when played on dvd player it shows the picture just jumping so does the tv play pal format im not sure..i did convert it to NTSC using Roxio creator 9 any time you convert its defaut is set to NTSC and it gives you the choice PAL OR NTSC..and it still jumps when played on dvd player

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Are you sure it converted to NTSC?
    I ask because I downloaded an episode of Star Trek one time. After I downloaded it, I burned it to a dvd. It played great on the computer. In my dvd player, and showing on my tv, the picture jumped and jerked. I discovered it was a PAL format file I downloaded. I said I've never done it, but I have. I forgot about this at first. I still don't remember what software I used. Anyway, when I converted it, it played fine.

If you can check the files on the dvd, to make sure they are NTSC format, that would be good. If they are NTSC, I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry........

Maybe someone else will chime in, who can help.
    Good luck!

5. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

Just A quick update...i got it to work!! 10 DVDs later..lol

first i used DVD shrink to make it region free which in turned made it in to a iso file then using roxio creator 9 I converted it to a divx file (i tried other formats but didnt work), and then burned to a DVD..I'm sure there had to be a easyer way but this way worked for me...

thanks for every one's help..