Help with eeprom changing, banned from xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Mike581, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

hey all, look ive been banned from xbox live and have been reading up on changin the eeprom for several weeks, i have backed up my eeprom, and have my friends eeprom, he backed his up for me as he does not plan to go on live, i have heard i can use his eeprom to get myself back, i have a rough idea of what to do, but i read that if you unlock,lock your hdd(which you have to do) on a specific version of xbox then it totaly fusks you xbox, i need to know how to check which version i have , anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

i am not sure if that will work. Hope you can get an answer.
    EEPROMS are a funny thing and from what i was told are unique to that one Xbox. But does the game you play online have a system link function under multiplayer?
    If so then do an internet search on Xlink Kai & XBconnect
    they are 2 free online gaming services that you can use with any game that has system link, and they do not ban you for all the reasons that XBL will.

3. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

i no about those but they r shite compared to live

yeh alot of people have told it works, tutorials also but its just a bit dodgy i thikn

4. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

If you have a modchip fitted you can unlock the hardrive on any xbox version without any worries. If this is the case back up both eeproms using config magic, their is also an option to unlock the hardrive in this program.

As long as you have a copy of your eeprom you can always lock your hardrive back again anyway

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  5. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

are you sure. i read that if i unlocked my hardrive, (if i had a 1.1 version of xbox, but im notsure which version i have) it renders my xbox useless, i need yoru full word that it will not happen, have u tried it before

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yeah, it would really helpful if we could find out, there are lots of pages telling us different things, so it would be nice to get a chance to discuss with someone who has actually done it before.

-Mike

7. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

too right, cummon peoples help,

mike you have posted in every thread of mine llf:p i think i have a stalker(A)

8. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

I have locked and unlocked the xbox hard drives on all versions from 1.0 to 1.6 without any problems at all. But you must have the hard drive key to make sure that if you cant lock it back in your xbox you can always lock it back using your PC.

I've always used a program called [bold]hddunlock[/bold] which allows you to lock the xbox drive in a PC when it couldn't be locked in the xbox

[bold]Please note:- that you wont be able to use your xbox with the hard drive open unless you have a modchip fitted[/bold]

You can also get your password for your drive using the EvoX dashboard by choosing "Backup" in the Mainmenu. Now you should find a folder called "Backup" on drive c: of your xbox. There is a file called "hddinfo.txt" which holds your xbox hdd password (HDD Key).

Also because you have been banned from xbox live it's not just the eeprom that has been banned, your harddrive has more than likely been banned as well, so as well as changing the eeeprom you need to change the hard drive also.

Finally, the way to find out what version xbox you have is to download a copy of [bold]xbox identifier v1.0[/bold] and enter you xbox serial number and it will give you the version.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  9. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

here thanks alot bye the way thats a great help
    i am really pleased its a relieft knowing i can maybe get back on,
    well i though once you changed your epprom u can go back on live, does this process involove taking the HDD from my xbox

10. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

Yes you have to replace the harddrive with a new one 8 gigs minimum, or one that has not been banned by live before. and then after installing the original dashboard to the drive you have to lock the drive back to the xbox

11. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

no that cant be right, if changing the eeprom, thats what live bans, it doesnt ban your actual hdd, it bans the code, i have read this many places

12. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

When you first join XBOX Live your Eeprom and Hard Drive serial number are linked together by the live server and a record is kept.
    instead of just banning the Eeprom, as in the past, because people were just swapping the eeprom and keeping their hardrive, you Hard Drive is also banned now.

Xbox Live have also now started flagging GamerTags, if you have been banned under a particular GamerTag it seems to be scrutinized more closely, and will get you banned again if you have any upgraded Hard Drive.

Quick solution: get a new GamerTag.

If you dont believe me change yor eeprom and go back on xbox live with the harddrive that was in your xbox when you got banned last time, i'll give you at most a couple of days before you get banned again.

13. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

hmmm well if i get a new gamer tag wouldnt i still be banned?

14. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

Yes, thats why you have to change the hard drive, eeprom and the gamer tag. hey it's a pain but when has any MS product been anything else.

15. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

i fusking hate those idiots at ms noting more would i like to smash bill gates specs :p lol

16. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Lol, I'm sure bungie said in that email that you could erase your HDD oh all Halo 2 files and get a new gamertag.

-Mike

17. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

but you told me they ban your hdd

18. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

The above was meant as sarcasm Mike581 (Lol)
    you do have to change the hardrive

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  19. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

You only have to change your Eeprom.....Nothing else.......

Oh don't say you hate MS........I hate when people say that

You aren't even supposed to be messing around with an EEprom

MS made it hard for you to hack into the xbox and stuff because it doesn't want you to

So next time you make a comment about MS...Make it a good 1

YOU DON"T NEED TO CHANGE THE HDD ONLY THE EEPROM>BIN

Trust me

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2006
  20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You need a chip with eeprom flashing capabilities like an xecuter 3, a nice clean eeprom.bin file and the flash software to run on the xbox..You don't need to do anything with the drive locking...just swap drives with your friend as well..In fact why not just swap xbox's and don't get banned again...you either got caught cheating or with dis-allowed files on your C:\ and E:\ drives...Look up the "Stealth mods for Live"

I'm not sure if M$ can check the HDD serial, but I heard if you get banned for the wrong HDD serial (old wives tale) you can complain that the previous owner had it repaired at some time by M$, and inquire why the correct data isn't on their files...