help with ftp

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by WC4life, Sep 6, 2005.

1. WC4life

WC4life Member

hey im new to loading games using ftp. i connected my xbox with my computer using a crosswire and this thing pops up that says i need a username and password. i put in xbox and xbox for password but it keeps on popping up saying i dont have permission. can anyone help me on this?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Your xbox is modified right? You need to be in the dash(Evox,Avalaunch,Unleash etc.) in able to FTP. Usually you don't have to enter a password and username just to make a connection. The username and password are used within the FTP client(FlashFXP, SmartFTP, etc.)

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

4. WC4life

WC4life Member

yea i got avalaunch on mine. i can connect to it but i cant transfer any games into it. it would work for a lil bit but something pops up and says i need a username and password. i tried xbox for both but it'll keep popping up.

5. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

If u have ava, then use Quix on the computer, Quix was made to work with avalaunch. Make sure that when you start Quix you unblock it from the windows firewall, then it will do the settings for you and u can transfer games to and from your xbox easily

6. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

do u have an xecuter 3? if so then the user name and pass can sometimes be X3!