HELP WITH NETWORK SPEEDS

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mastr2142, Mar 21, 2008.

1. mastr2142

mastr2142 Member

hey guysss
    im connected to the net by a router.
    we have 3 computers connected to it which of 2 are belonging to my brother and me. we always download videos and now high def which are like 4 gigs minimum. I was wondering is there a way to get more bandwidth then him so i may get higher speeds??
    im using azureus to download torrents.
    im using windows vista SP1(no problems so far)
    and hes using windows XP X86 SP2, if it matters
    thanks for any help in advance.

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, don't allow him to d/l anything while you are d/l. ;) Or knock him off your network and tell him you don't know what's going on. ;)

Let's start in the Registry Editor, which you access by entering regedit in the Start Search text box.

Expand the registry tree in the left pane to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.

Right-click a blank space in the right pane, and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the shortcut menu.

Type MaxConnectionsPerServer as the new DWORD key name.

Right-click the MaxConnectionsPerServer entry, and then select Modify from the shortcut menu.

In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog box, select the Decimal option. Then enter a number higher than 2 in the Value data text box. We're entering 10; however, you can enter a higher number, such as 15, if you wish. Click OK to save your changes.

Now, create another registry entry following the same steps and using the same settings, but name this entry MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server. Let's watch how this is accomplished.

When you're finished, just close the Registry Editor to save your changes.

This is suppose to increase the number of files your browser can download from a Web server at one time. Maybe it can help, I dunno.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  3. mastr2142

mastr2142 Member

ive done wat u hve said n i set it to 50. doesnt help.
    im using windows vista 64 wit SP1. is there a chance microsoft has done something to minimize P2P speeds, or r there any suggestion on settings for azureus. PLSSS need help trying to download HD videos taking forevrrr
    thnks

4. mastr2142

mastr2142 Member

ends up bell sympatico is doing that P2P filter BS.
    hopefully its just a phase and the speeds will come back...dreamm onn

5. varnull

varnull Guest