HELP?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Magzz, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Magzz

Magzz Guest

Can anyone possibly shed some light on this scenario for me? My dvd player in the basement is a JVC XV-n322. It says in its specs that it will play all formats (pretty much) but yet whenever i burn lately it jumps and pixilates and pretty much won't play a burnt dvd. I've gone upstairs to my cheaper player....and the disc works fine. It seems like it will only play original DVD's. Can anyone give me some ideas?? I do have it hooked up to 53" RCA projection would that have anything to do with it?? I just don't understand why it will play perfectly fine for on my smaller TV upstairs?....Help?

2. jcb72

jcb72 Guest

Is your DVD player in the basement getting enough ventelation?
    I had a nice sony that I kept having problems with and I think it was because I had it stuffed inside an entertainment center setting above my receiver. I pulled the DVD player out on the floor and played the discs I was having problems with and they worked just fine when the DVD player wasnt inside my entertainment center with a lot of heat.
    EDIT: My player played store bought DVD's just fine. It was burned discs I was having problems with.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2006
  3. JVC

JVC Active member

It sounds more like the JVC player doesn't like the blanks you're using. Try Verbatim blanks, or a name brand (Sony, Maxell, Fuji) that are made in Japan, not Taiwan. It will say on the pkg. Verbatims are made in Taiwan, but are still good. They are the exception to the rule.

Also, what brand is your dvd burner? If it's capable of Booktyping, you can booktype a +R disc, to be a DVD Rom, and it will play in ALMOST any player. Commercial dvd movies are booktyped to DVD Rom. That's why they play in almost all players. Here is info on booktyping, and how to do it................... :eek:)
    http://www.k-probe.com/kprobe-bitsetting-booktype.php
    Good luck!

4. Magzz

Magzz Guest

Ok thanks people for the input...i'll give them both a try!! thanks for the help!!!