HELPP!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by kuffain, Jun 10, 2005.

1. kuffain

kuffain Member

Ok I am a newbie when it comes to digital camcorders, I have couple of question.

[bold]Q.1)[/bold] When i have my digital camcorder, i can transpher my pictures through the usb 1.1 port with the actual quality of the picture. (Correct or Incorrect)

[bold]Q.2)[/bold] I can transpher my video to my computer hard drive with the USB 1.1 port, but low video quality and no sound. (correct or Incorrect)

[bold]Q.3)[/bold] when video transfered in my computer hard drive, later on i can burn tmen as a VCD or DVD format (correct or Incorrect)

[bold]Q.4)[/bold]Transphering digital pictures from my camcorder using the USB 1.1 port won't affect the actual image quality. (correct or Incorrect)

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Before answering these questions, another question has be answered. What type of camcorder are you talking about: miniDV, DVD or one of those recent microdrive camcorders.

In my answers I assume miniDVD:

1. First answer: No. USB 1.1 is way too slow. In theory USB 2.0 can be used to transfer DV, but no camcorder manufacturer uses it because it is not reliable enough. In stead of that USB is mostly used for tranfer of data from a memory card (used for stills or short low-res videoclips). If the camera offers video tranfer from tape, it is low resolution.
    2. See answer one. Sound will be included.
    3. Yes, once you have it on your hard drive you can encode to any format you want (MOV, wmv, DivX, mpeg etc...) or burn VCD, DVD, or whatever you want. However, encoding to another format will always result in loss of quality, so make sure that your base material has higher quality than the target format allows to get satisfactoiry results.
    4. With digital pictures you mean stills? Correct, you will not loose any quality.

Check out http://www.digitalvideoclub.com for basic learnings

3. kuffain

kuffain Member

I am talking about a Mini DV camera.
    But thanks in Advance TPFKAS for answering all my question. :)