HI from N. Cali.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by missyrelm, Oct 3, 2008.

1. missyrelm

missyrelm Member

Hi,

My wife and I are new to this forum. We are in our late 30s.

We’ve lurked here and gotten information for so long we thought we should introduce ourselves.

Our reasons for coming here are the forums on console gaming, and HDTV’s and media.

We both love retro-gaming, and love all of our old systems
    (Atari 2600, TI-99/4A, Tomy Tutor, 3DO, Genesis/Sega CD, Duo-R/PC-Engine, N64, NES, Jaguar, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, and a Gamecube with GBA player)

We also like modern gaming and have an Xbox360, PS3 (which we never use except to play blu-ray) and just got a Wii.

We are just getting into homebrew and collecting obscure and old back-up devices, though we are just getting started with that.

We are starting with the Jaguar as far as homebrew goes, since it seems to have the most to offer that way.
    But eventually we want to play homebrew on systems that have less homebrew available...

We don’t have the old “classic” backup units yet, but we do have some modern stuff, the Super Nintendo SuperFlash Cart, Genesis MD-Pro Flash cart, NEO Power PC-Engine super flash cart, and EZ Flash-III for the GBA, and are planning on getting a BJL set-up for the Jaguar and the SMS-Pro for Sega Master System as well.

I love to make lists, and am working on several over the last year (like all point-n-click games on consoles, my co-op game list, all rhythm games list- There’s loads of existing lists, but none are comprehensive, etc. etc.)

Sites like this make that *much* easier to do!

(Right now, I'm getting some rhythm games from Japan through a deputy service, a bunch that I've never seen reviews of - we'll see if we can get past the Japanese!!!
    I’ll have to list the names when I get time)

Anyway, if anyone here is in Humboldt (its on the coast and at the very top of the state, about an hour south of Oregon), drop us a line.....

2. miltex

miltex Guest

Hello from Costa Mesa California (southern cal)