Hitachi DZ-MV270

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Zak99, May 3, 2003.

1. Zak99

Zak99 Member

How do I download from this camcorder. I'm not sure I have the correct PC driver. Please post suggestions. You can email me the driver at Kal_282@hotmail.com.

Thanks 2 10**9_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Zak to the 9[/small]

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Doesn't that camcorder record to a dvd? Can you not copy from the disk to the comp without having to hook it up with any cables.

3. Zak99

Zak99 Member

Thanks. I have successfully transferred still that way but not movies! Any suggestions?

4. deago

deago Member

What kind of outputs are on the camera?
    How about USB,Firewire ?

5. deago

deago Member

Just did some surfing with Google and this turned up;

1. Towards the back of the left side are controls and toggles for menu navigation and disc access. These also double for video playback.
    2.The right side has the hand strap and disc mechanism (which loads from the back), plus a zoom control, a start/stop button, a switch to toggle between movie and stills modes, and an S-video port hidden under a small rubber cover.

3. Round the back is the battery compartment, along with the eject switch, viewfinder, and sockets for DC power input, an external microphone, AV in/out, and data transfer via USB.
    4.There's no media card support on this camcorder, but that's one of the beauties of using recordable DVD - stills and video are recorded to the same source rather than divided between two very different media formats.

I would try the USB connection that way you don't need drivers right?

6. Zak99

Zak99 Member

I used the USB cable and connected the camcorder to the USB port of my computer. The new H/W found wizard said it detected the camera (DZMV270) but could not find the drivers for it to install.

I bought the DZ-WINPC4W kit and tried "have disk" but no matter where I browsed there were no drivers for the camcorder.

I have searched the Hitachi and the rest of the net but there do not seem to be drivers available for this camcorder.

Thanks for you suggestions. Any others you come up with would be appreciated.

7. deago

deago Member

Did you open the zip file and copy all of the files to the A: drive ??

8. Zak99

Zak99 Member

No, I justy used browse to point to the CD, which had a setup (that I ran on it own and this installed "software to make the PC recognize camcorder dvd files).

The does not have zip files. I have used the browse from the wizard for many other drivers and it always worked.

I appreciate your trying to help me out. Thankyou.

9. deago

deago Member

What system OS are you using on your computer ?

10. deago

deago Member

How about your USB,is it 2.0 or 1.1 ?
    The tech sheet said that the camera has a 2.0
    USB connection. If not you can purchase a 2.0 usb card for about $20.00 USA .

Also if your OS is Microsoft you can go to their site and they will look at your system through the internet and find missing drivers and direct you further. I hope you are using XP then just plug the camera in after you go to Microsoft and tell the computer to UPDATE drivers. Hope this helps.