Hitman Blood Money

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JackaFord, Jun 14, 2006.

1. JackaFord

JackaFord Member

I'm having a loading problem with Hitman Blood Money. My game is on the xbox harddrive and it sticks at about 20% on the first loading bar before the menus even come up!

I've copied it to my harddrive multiple times and it's done the same thing every time.

Anyone know how to make it work?

All help is appreciated, thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

ok first off.
    1. did it play fine from the disc?
    2. have you tried cleaning the disc?
    3. Do you have others on the HDD that do work?
    4. was it a download or from an original disc
    5. is a download what brand and speed media did you use and what speed did you burn it at?
    6. how are you putting it on the HDD, DVD2Xbox, FTP? And have you tried both methods?
    7. when you put it on, were there any messages that told you that some files did not copy?

My copy works just fine from the hard drive so that is why i asked so many questions to try and narrow down the problem. I have only had 1 game so far that just refused to work from the hard drive and that was Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood. Tried about everything i could think of and every program i had and nothing worked. It would play from the disc fine one day and not even load the next. And these are discs that i have hundreds of working back ups on. Some games just give you a fit for no reason :)

3. JackaFord

JackaFord Member

1. did it play fine from the disc? - It's a download.
    2. have you tried cleaning the disc? - ^^
    3. Do you have others on the HDD that do work? - Yes, I have 9 games on the HDD that all work fine.
    4. was it a download or from an original disc - Download.
    5. is a download what brand and speed media did you use and what speed did you burn it at? I tried burning it onto a Verbatim Platinum but the Xbox did not recognise it as a game.
    6. how are you putting it on the HDD, DVD2Xbox, FTP? And have you tried both methods? FTP.
    7. when you put it on, were there any messages that told you that some files did not copy? No message so I assumed it had no errors.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, then you may want to try getting it to burn to a media that it will work on and using DVD2Xbox to copy it.
    Only other idea's i can come up with are:
    1. you just got a bad copy of the game and need another one
    2. You need to extract it with Craxtion, then patch the default XBE file with Craxtion, then use Craxtion to rebuild the ISO of transfer to the Xbox
    3. try a different FTP program.
    when i spoke about cleaning the disc i was refering to transfering it from a disc to Xbox with DVD2Xbox. cleaning it sometimes help.
    But my copy was also a download and mine works from disc and HDD.

5. JackaFord

JackaFord Member

Do I need to put the extracted files onto the HDD on my Xbox or can I put an ISO?

6. JackaFord

JackaFord Member

I put it onto a DVD and it still gets stuck in the same please, think it's just a bad download?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

that would be my guess. Since i got one that worked no problem.

8. JackaFord

JackaFord Member

3kb of one of the archives was missing, stupid torrents. :)

Thanks for all your help.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

what you need to do is find a good, private stite that will accept new members. They are hard to come by, most of them you need an invite from a member. But they are faster and you will rarely if ever have a problem with their files.
    you just have to be willing to both give and take, they require you to seed things and keep a ration neer 1:1
    try Bitsoup