Home DVD with USB??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ickabod, Nov 14, 2005.

1. ickabod

ickabod Member

anyone know which home dvd player supports divx plays everything thrown at it and has a usb2 port so that i can connect an external hard drive to it..listen to music and watch movies etc...

and do you have a map to the holy grail!!!

All positive advice recieved with thanks and apint of guiness

chris

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

have not heard or seen of one with USB yet....

run a google on it...

3. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

The RJ-Tech RJ-1800DVX has been available for a few months. Shop around for the best price. Also shop around for customer reviews too.

I've been look at this player for awhile but for it's karaoke features more than anything else.

4. beowulf26

beowulf26 Member

I purchases a Vantec Nexstar 3 NST-360U2-BK external hdd enclosure. I Installed a Maxtor 200GB Hard Drive Model # 6B200R0. I hooked everything up, formatted the hard drive, transfered data to the drive. Everything worked through my computers USB ports. My RJTECH RJ-1800 works beatifully when playing AVI, Divx ,Xvid, and everyother formatt. But I could not get the HDD to work. My Earlier attempts to get the DVD Player to read the drive failed. The staff at RJtech informed me that the dvd player will only read Flash Memory. That got me to thinking. Why flash and not a Hard Drive. That’s when I discovered. My mistake. Flash uses a FAT32 file system and default format in win xp is NTFS. So I reformatted the drive with the FAT32 file system and bingo. The dvd player reads the hdd perfectly. I can play any video from the Hard Drive no problem. As for USB 2.0. would be nice to have but just using 1.1, the video playback is great. Also IF you plan to hook up a similar setup, I would reccommend a HDD with atleast 8mb of cache. 16mb would be better. More the cache, less load time for the video file.

5. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

beowulf26, thanks so much for the great information.

I currently use an external HD on my computer that came FAT32 and never thought about using an HD with the RJ-Tech player. Now I really want to get it even more.

Thank you for posting your results with USB 1.1 with it too.

6. ickabod

ickabod Member

st the only issue is thats an american machine, will it play multi region dvd's?? and where can i get one in the UK??? goolgle was pretty useless..

chris

7. beowulf26

beowulf26 Member

If your looking for similar equipment to mine, i purchased all of it at www.ncix.com Just go their site and look for you self. I do believe the play is multiregion.